LegacyGT.com

Clutch Issues

Hello I'm having some clutch issues with my 1998 Legacy 2.5GT. Basically the clutch pedal just snaps to the ground and I have to pull it back up. Neither the slave nor the master cylinder appeared to be leaking and there was plenty of fluid. And when the car is on and parked I cannot get it into gear but, when it is off it will go into gear.

So from what I have read and from talking to some people I figured it was either the slave or the master cylinder. So I went ahead and changed them both and bled the the system but that did not help. I feel like I can get some pressure in the pedal now after pumping it but it is still pretty soft and I still cant get it into gear.

The one other bit of info is the clutch fork seems to have a little play in it. It moves front to back very easily about an inch and it moves up and down about 1/4". Ive never have checked it before so i dont know whether this is normal.

So I cant figure out whats going on. I was hoping it was something with the hydraulics but now I am thinking it is something internal.

Does anyone know whats going on?

Thanks!

• I Donated
For what its worth, I bought a new clutch fork and the 3 associated clips from the dealer for roughly $30, so they aren't too expensive.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, I just wanted to close the loop on this thread. The clutch fork did break and along with that, the pilot bearing and shaft were super worn out as well.

And since everything was open, I went ahead and replaced the clutch too.

It wasn't cheap getting it all fixed but, it had to be done.

Thanks for all the help!

Archived