LegacyGT.com

2005 LGT front rotors

DAC17

Stay away from factory and racing brake rotors, had 2 sets warp already, had cut and warped again. By far best cheap rotors are centric or stoptechs, if ur replacing rotor u should put new pads, stoptech of course. Don't get hps pads overrated junk. Go to rockauto.com for killer rotor pricing.

Stay away from factory and racing brake rotors, had 2 sets warp already, had cut and warped again. By far best cheap rotors are centric or stoptechs, if ur replacing rotor u should put new pads, stoptech of course. Don't get hps pads overrated junk. Go to rockauto.com for killer rotor pricing.

Your pads overheated and left deposits, in both cases.

http://legacygt.com/forums/images/smilies/muching_out.gif

I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

Not only has it been proven that rotors CANNOT warp, the fact that Subaru and every other manufacturer lists runout specs fro ALL brake rotors on ALL PROVES 1. That all car manufacturers know that warpage is likely to occur and are thus selling defective parts (see oil pickup tube failures fro proof of this concept) and 2. that all car manufacturers know nothing about cars since rotors CANNOT warp EVER.

:lol: I have learned so much here.

Not only has it been proven that rotors CANNOT warp, the fact that Subaru and every other manufacturer lists runout specs fro ALL brake rotors on ALL PROVES 1. That all car manufacturers know that warpage is likely to occur and are thus selling defective parts (see oil pickup tube failures fro proof of this concept) and 2. that all car manufacturers know nothing about cars since rotors CANNOT warp EVER.

:lol: I have learned so much here.

Hey, I didn't say they can't warp. I'm just going with the odds here.

^ Seriously do not take brake advice from someone who believes that rotors "warp". Almost every time one of these threads starts someone needs to get schooled about the fallacy of rotor "warp" HPS pads are a fantastic upgrade here in Cali. No personal experience with them in snow.

Funny you should mention stoptech pads.

http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp_warped_brakedisk.shtml

In fact every case of "warped brake disc" that I have investigated, whether on a racing car or a street car, has turned out to be friction pad material transferred unevenly to the surface of the disc. This uneven deposition results in thickness variation (TV) or run-out due to hot spotting that occurred at elevated temperatures.

Moments ago Darkside would swear on his life that rotors do not warp. He was willing to insult your intelligence, suggest you are confusing reality with comic books AND THEN suggest Stoptech parts: having never even read the STOPTECH WEBSITE that would have schooled him about the myth of rotor warp to begin with.

I would ":lol:" but I have nothing but contempt for this sort of "educated advice".

next time try google: stoptech+rotor+warp

Archived