LegacyGT.com

driver seat memory position

skipngstns

The only 2007 Legacy model with driver's seat memory is the spec.B. However, 2007 Tribeca Limited models also come with driver's seat memory and they're already on dealers' lots. So, in theory, you can buy a seat motor controller with memory now from your Subaru dealer.

Let us know how it works out. :)

I called my local dealer's parts department. They are unable to provide a part number w/o a VIN. I explained that I didn't have a tribecca but wanted to install in a 2k6 legacy GT. My access to ALLDATA does not have info on 2k7 Tribeca's. I was just going to walk the lot and pull a VIN off an existing vehicle if they have one...Any idea's or access to P/N?

Guest *Jedimaster*
Jon - thanks for the VIN. I e-mailed a request to my dealer for parts and pricing. I'll post more once I know more.

Looking forward to it!

My dealer's response from the VIN Jon supplied....

Thank you for your email. I did some research for your Tribeca/Legacy GT request. I spoke with the Shop Forman as well as a Salesman. First of all, your VIN# comes up as a 2006 Tribeca, not a 2007. My catalogues do not show a 2007 Tribeca yet.

Second of all, after speaking with the Shop Foreman, you can't put a seat motor controller with memory into a 2006 Legacy GT from a 2007 Tribeca. (well I will have to try )

It's my understanding that the 2006 Tribeca's aren't equipped with a seat motor controller with memory. (they are not, but the 2k7's are supposed to be)

Thank you and have a good day.

I guess i need to wait a while until 2k7's are out & about before I can get part info.

My dealer's response from the VIN Jon supplied....

Thank you for your email. I did some research for your Tribeca/Legacy GT request. I spoke with the Shop Forman as well as a Salesman. First of all, your VIN# comes up as a 2006 Tribeca, not a 2007. My catalogues do not show a 2007 Tribeca yet.

I'm 100% certain the VIN I posted earlier is for a 2007 Tribeca equipped with the memory seats.

I will check back in tommorow night. I am going by the dealer in person after work to talk to the parts manager. If the plastic trim is not available, i am willing to dremel a slot or holes in my existing plastic. I will explain to them, the VIN Jon gave is a 2k7 model. The eighth digit from the right confirms this, but parts may not be available. maybe this is why it shows up as a 2k6 tribecca.

I've been looking at the 2005 Legacy service manual and it appears that the motor controler is not a separately orderable part. Instead, it appears to be part of the seat cushion frame assembly. It seems risky to order a Tribeca Limited seat cushion frame assembly because it might not line up with the rails and the seat back mounting points on the Legacy GT.

The 2007 Legacy has already begun arriving at dealerships. I would talk to the sales manager at the dealership and ask whether he's received any 2007 spec.B VINs yet for his sold orders/allocation. If so, he could supply it directly to the parts guy and not even have to show it to you.

It's possible the seat cushion frame assembly for the 2007 Tribeca Limited has the same part number as the one for the 2007 spec.B, but if they're different, I'd definitely opt for the spec.B part.

01 - General Description.pdf

I talked to the parts manager at my dealer. he said they have no parts info on any 2k7 models. He said they should start to see some in 30 days. I agree that a spec.b option would be the preferred choice. I guess I'll wait until labor day and re-evaluate this project.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
;667873']The only 2007 Legacy model with driver's seat memory is the spec.B. However, 2007 Tribeca Limited models also come with driver's seat memory and they're already on dealers' lots. So, in theory, you can buy a seat motor controller with memory now from your Subaru dealer.

Let us know how it works out. :)

Hmm.. Do the Spec B seats give more legroom, by chance? Any way we could retrofit those?

HV

• 1 month later...

Time for a Bump here as Opie has come up with some part numbers for us.

Here's what I found about the parts:

Seat Memory Unit Assembly (Memory ECM) - 64122AG00A - $222.00

Plastic Outer Seat Hinge Cover - 64115AG51AJC - Part not yet available

Tapping Screw - 904510064 - $0.75

Seat Memory Switch Assembly - 64176XA01AJC - Part not yet available

Hinge Cover Clip - 64115AG06A - $0.95

Power Seat Harness - 64126XA03A - $56.00

I have no idea if those prices are retail (i assume they are, or I at least HOPE they are :) )

As you can see there are still some parts we need that are not available, but I will order them when they are available and install this with a how to with everything required and step by step.

Also from the parts required you can see that there is a memory unit assembly, this is good news, it means that the memory is kept here instead of the seat motors, like some cars.

I'm not sure that is certain. The "seat memory unit assembly" might just remember the positions and not measure them. The motor might still be making the measurements (e.g., generating a pulse every rotation) and sending them to the memory unit. It would be useful to know if the motor unit has different part numbers for memory seats and non-memory seats.

--Lee

^^ good point.

i am anxious for the results too, as I just took possesion of my 07 LGT and it doesn't come with memory seats :( but i have the same color combo in and out as a Spec-B. :) so at least i know the parts colors will match lol.

I'm not sure that is certain. The "seat memory unit assembly" might just remember the positions and not measure them. The motor might still be making the measurements (e.g., generating a pulse every rotation) and sending them to the memory unit. It would be useful to know if the motor unit has different part numbers for memory seats and non-memory seats.

--Lee

After reviewing the wiring diagrams, you are correct. There is pulse feedback sent from the motor to the ECM. :(

This means we will need the rail/motor assembly which is about ~$400 retail for the 05 model, so my guess is more for the 07. The part numbers ARE different. Here is the part number for the 07 Spec B seat rail assembly with motors: 64102AG13A

Even with wholesale pricing on parts, this will most likely cost more than 600 dollars. :icon_cry:

• 2 months later...

Archived