LegacyGT.com

My Pioneer AVIC Z1 install!!!

burnin4

I recently had a Pioneer AVIC Z1 installed into my 05 LGT. I am so happy with the results, a truely amazing dvd/navigation unit! My installer spent roughly 40hr's on this job, everything came out perfectly. He has pics of the install from start to finish, I'll pick them up tomorrow and post them up.

I just went on a 25hr road trip, watched dvd's the entire time :icon_mrgr . The surround sound is unreal, couldnt be happier with this system. I have Boston Acoustic Z series components in the front and rear, JL 10w6v2 and a JL 500/5 amp.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/burnin4/DSCN0719.jpg?t=1164583289

^ I'm friends with the owner of the shop, and he wanted to make sure everything came out perfectly. I bought the avic z1 off ebay for $1525, and a few hundred for labor. There is an extensive amount of work involved with installing these units, including the fabrication of a custom bezel.

looks like in the first pic that you changed the power button on the radio?

I had the jl audio cleansweep previously, but no longer needed it after the avic install. I didnt want a hole in the radio, so I left it there, kinda looks stock.

I'd really like to know how he fit that in the cubby slot. I installed mine and could not get the thing to fit lengthwise. There is a dash support beam in the back of the cubby hole and I could neve figure out how to get around that. I'd also like to know how he fashioned the bezel.

I'd really like to know how he fit that in the cubby slot. I installed mine and could not get the thing to fit lengthwise. There is a dash support beam in the back of the cubby hole and I could neve figure out how to get around that. I'd also like to know how he fashioned the bezel.

Its very simple.. You cut the dash support :) hacksaw FTW!

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

I'm pretty sure he cut the dash support beam, I remember seeing pics of a saw and lots of sparks. The bezel was recreated with a bondo type material, and then painted to match the dash. This owner of the shop told me this was an extremely difficult install, but it came out perfect.

Archived