LegacyGT.com

Need ATE super blue: yes, it's 'banned'

benfrancis

Yes yes I know. ATE Super blue 706302 is 'banned' in the US and we shouldn't use it as brake fluid. Regardless, where would someone purchase said hydraulic fluid?

I know I should search and I have leveraged those options however I haven't found a current source to get some.

*disclaimer: I do not intend to use this as brake fluid but as hydraulic fluid so don't send the dogs after me. *

I was told by Clint at turn in concepts that the normal colored ATE typ 200 (iirc) is the same as super blue but without the dye. He said the dye just helps in aiding brake bleeding.

I opted for motul though, he said there wouldn't be any significant difference.

I know what the statute says about it. My car currently already has blue in it and you can't mix the two. I bought some of the ate dot 4 amber but I was trying to not have to bleed the whole darn system if I don't have to. Plus I wanted to get more blue. Lol.

No, not bling. It is used to visibly see when the brake fluid is completely flushed. Many racers alternate between ATE Super Blue (blue) and ATE Type200 (amber) so they can be certain that all the fluid in the system is new.

people who don't do their own brake flush will probably never know....

Fair point I suppose. For me, it's a matter of the blue I have in the car is still good and would rather just top it off but I'll more than likely switch to amber. Did a brake line, pad, rotor upgrade to the lgt hence the thread.

There's no reason why you can't mix

Fair point I suppose. For me, it's a matter of the blue I have in the car is still good and would rather just top it off but I'll more than likely switch to amber. Did a brake line, pad, rotor upgrade to the lgt hence the thread.

Type 200 and Super Blue. Why do you feel like you have to completely flush out the blue?

That makes sense. I was so close to filling my radiator with my ATE the other day, since otherwise it's impossible to tell the difference between coolant and brake fluid. I'm sure glad I have the Man looking out for my well-being and safety.

But now what if I mix up the gasoline and amber DOT4?!? :eek:

Archived