LegacyGT.com

Anyone heard of the GTx package?

So I am looking a '05 Subaru GT sedan MT, techinally called a GTx I guess. I am not all the interested in the GTx package but it does come with some cool perks.

The guy who has it bought it from a dealer in NY, and brought it out here. It has 60,000 miles and quite a few mods which include....

· Black leather seats with blue suede inserts

· STi Strut tower bar

· Borla Cat-back stainless exhaust

· Rear lip spoiler

· GTx badging on the trunk and stitched in the front seats

It has Borla Exhaust, PDE stainless steel catless up pipe, and a Perrin stainless steel catless downpipe.

· PDE Stainless Steel Catless up-pipe

· Perrin Stainles Steel Catless down-pipe

· Cobb Accessport tuning w/ Stage 2 map

installed

· K&N drop in air filter

· Wilwood 6 piston front brakes with huge slotted rotors and Carbotech Bobcat brake pads all around

· Braided brake lines

· 18”x7.5 Ultra Light weight Kosei k1-ts wheels in gold (two of the wheels by pothole)

· 18x7.5 Motegi MR-7 chrome wheels

· 225/40WR18 Kumho Ecsta ASX all season tires (15,000 miles on them)

· 225/40/R18 Hankook W300 winter tires (3,000 miles on them)

· Autometer Boost Guage

· Subaru All weather floor mats

· 10” subwoofer in a bandpass box powered by a high-tech alpine amplifier

Now for what he wants for it ($19,800), and all those mods it sounds like a pretty good deal. (I think he would take $18,000.)

Anyone know of the GTx and if the guys who did it know what they are doing?

Does this car sound like a pretty good deal. Supposedly has $9000 in mods. The guy said he never hot-rodded it, or even had it on the track. I am driving it tomorrow, and want a little input beforehand.

Ok, so I did a search afterwards and can feel the flames coming. This car happens to be close to me and I found it on craigslist, not ebay, so we'll see I guess.

It's a made up thing. There is no GTx. It looks like dealer is spicing up a regular GT and dubbing it GTx.

If that's the case, I have a one of a kind Outback XT "sport" edition. :lol:

All this does not mean it can't be a good car though. It just means the "x" is nothing really.

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

It's a made up thing. There is no GTx. It looks like dealer is spicing up a regular GT and dubbing it GTx.

If that's the case, I have a one of a kind Outback XT "sport" edition. :lol:

All this does not mean it can't be a good car though. It just means the "x" is nothing really.

I know that the GTx is made up. Thats why I was asking about the GTx package.

^ Yeah, just the first 5 or so things on the list were on the "GTx".

Just so you guys know, I also think the "GTx" is stupid. But, it has some cool upgrades, upgrades that alot of you guys have done yourselves.

The advantage I have here, is that I will actually be able to look at and drive this car as opposed to buying it off of ebay sight unseen.

All in all, does it sound like a good deal? Sort of high miles for the year, but since alot of times I only keep my cars for 3-4 years I shouldn't have a problem. Most of the stuff it has are things I would want to put on any GT I bought, this seems like a good way to get a ton of mods cheap.

The only thing he added was the leather and the tacky badges.

Actually, it also has the Borla exhaust (which sounds awesome btw). The badges also don't look half bad.

I drove the car today. I am amazed by the power these cars can put out. One of the coolest features for me was with the Borla exhaust I can actually hear the turbo. I made an offer, we'll see if I end up getting it.

One concern I had was I could smell exhaust a few times inside the car. What would that be indicitive of?

Oh, and after driving this car compared to the 5EAT, this one was amazing. Of course this one was a stage 2.

Archived