LegacyGT.com

06' LGT AT question

idontknow

I've driven an 05' LGT AT and the transmission shifts were kinda sluggish in manual mode. I'm considering buying an 06 LGT and I want the MT, but my wife wants the AT. I wouldn't mind the AT if the shift response was pretty darn near immediate. Any body have experience with both? :confused:

i test drove 07 LGT and sport sharp def makes difference. It holds revs longer and throttle seems more responsive too. u alos feel more power when u change to sport sharp mode. when u switch from itelligent to sport sharp car jumps forward. on intelligent mode u really really have to floor the gas to down shift.

I have a 2005 LGT 5EAT. I don't know how anyone can characterize the shifts as sluggish in Drive or Sport; those are auto modes and it shifts when it decides to, and at that time the shift is quick. I agree that there's a bit of a delay when selecting to shift up or down yourself. I find it a very good auto trans and yes, I'd prefer no delay when shifting manually.

Get the MT so that your wife doesn't want to drive it (and subsequently back it into a pole or something, as wives tend to do).

:lol:

Thanks for the replies.

Sunny,

Is the shift response (when you are controlling the 5eat) better in the 07'?

I've also noticed that the 08' will finally get the paddle shifters behind the steering wheel.:wub:

when driving in sport shift mode just press the upshift button about 1 second before you want the car to shift, then take your foot off the gas right when it's about to shift (timing isn't hard with practice), then floor it right after it's done shifting and it feels just like a manual and it's fast too.

and again timing isn't a problem if you practice

it is an auto. if you want instantaneous shifting in manual mode that means you either buy a MT or buy a much more expensive auto system like on a porsche. ;) you can have some modifications done to the valve bodies and solenoids to help firm those shifts up, but you will always have that delay in manual mode.

i run my car in just auto most of the time, unless i plan on romping on the car, it goes to sport shift. i hardly ever use the manual shift since in sport shift mode, the car will outshift me every time. when i go to the track it's sport shift. when i'm autocrossing, then i use manual shift for the downshifting out of corners. still a delay, but i have it times almost perfect.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

I didnt try to shift myself, but on sport sharp mode it wont upshift till like 5-6000 rpm. I dunoo if you had sports shift before or not, but it gets old really quick. I had one before and after 1st week i never used it. I am sure peddal shifter on 08 is prob much better, in general newer pedal shift seems to be improved alot compare couple of yrs ago. If you want really quick shifting peddal shifted auto your best bet is vw with dsg gear box. Everything else will feel slow casue you are just sitting there waiting for it... even if it shift faster than stick shift, it will feel slow casue you are not doing anything, but waitng..

Crawdaddy, sorry to see the dent. I'll bet that wasn't cheap.

Meh, I guess a manual it is then.

Actually I was surprised at how cheap it was. $577 US Dollars. Of course I didn't go through Subaru to do it - but the shop I went to did a good enough job.

http://www.crawspace.com/web3/wifelove2.jpg

But had she been backing up ~3 more M'sPH then the tail light, spoiler, and quarter panel all could have gotten damage.

Now that I've said all this, I will do the same thing within a week.

Archived