LegacyGT.com

Doing a build and looking for a little direction

Ok, so I'm forced to rebuild my engine. I wasn't really planning on modding it but figured "why not". Now I'm looking for a 350-400 whp ride and am not looking to make gobbs of power. Plus, it's an auto and the 5eat will only take so much. I figure I'm looking at a fairly conservative build by my standards.

Right now, I'm collecting my build parts as I'm deployed and can't work on it yet. Here's what I have so far:

Eagle Rods

ACL Rod and Main bearings

Complete gasket kit

ARP head studs

Walboro 255 LPH fuel pump (already installed)

Killer B oil pickup

Supertech valves

Now it's the rest of the parts where I haven't decided yet, but here's what I'm thinking:

Wiseco pistons (only reason I haven't bought them yet is because I want to see if I have to go oversized or not)

ID725cc injectors

GFB lightweight pulley kit (complete)

Catted downpipe

non-catted uppipe

headers

exhaust (a quad-tipped one)

Maybe a turbo swap (but I want something that still has low spool-up) Maybe a v-52(?? Suggestions needed here)

TMIC

a blowoff valve that can handle the boost I'm going to throw at it.

Ecuflash

Now I'm not sure if I want to swap the cams out. I'm also unsure if I want to do any head port work or not. If I do, it'll be a mild port and polish as I value my low end power. I could use some input here.

Warranty is not an issue for me, as mine is already done. What I'm looking for is a fun, fairly low key build that will make decent power and is more stout than how Subaru originally made it. There are other little things I'm going to do as well such as eliminate those stupid banjo bolt filters and the tumble generators. Am I on the right track?

No offense to you. But I do not think you researched enough for your build. A 5eat will NOT be able to withstand that kind of power. Maybe. MAYBE you can get 350CHP if that is what you meant with a stock turbo such as the 52. As Rao said, you will also not have a stock like spool at all at 350 hp. I think Mike has around there with a hta68 with e85. Also consider that the 5eat eats out a lot more power than the 5mt and the 6mt. Also consider a FMIC. The Stock TMIC will explode and will not be able to handle that much power and aftermarket TMIC are prone to heat soak. Anyway good luck with your build.

so not to toot my own horn, but toot toot...

If your looking for a stout but reliable build I am really happy with mine... 285hp 316tq on EFI Logic's Mustang Dyno (which shows low numbers compared to most)

UP/DP (I went catless UP and DP from Invidia)

Injectors (i did 650 side feed)

Fuel pump (I went with the AVO)

VF52 turbo (can order from Josh at Import Image

Intercooler (i went with the Perrin Top mount which is the best top mount, or you could go front mount)

Intake (i went with the AEM Cold Air Intake)

Dyno Tune (I went to EFI Logics in Bethel, CT)

Archived