LegacyGT.com

Who's in MA?

Billy Dagwood

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As others said, def go to Alberto... he'll take good care of you, and your car!

Get an AccessPort and go stage 1? Upgraded RSB? Two amazing, relatively cheap mods, which will provide a noticeable improvement! Great to see another 5th Gen owner in the area!

ALSO: If anyone is around Somerville, keep an eye out for a MA license plate with a Brentuning frame on it! Just noticed that my front plate has gone missing sometime recently, likely due to the blizzard... Grrrrrr! :mad::mad:

Most definately thinking about RSB and stage1. Gonna wait for taxes and see how much I get back first. I was thinking of ordering the RCE and blisten shocks as well. But I'm not sure if those shocks are still available.

Anybody have any other set up thats working for them on our perfect smooth roads here in NE?

Most definately thinking about RSB and stage1. Gonna wait for taxes and see how much I get back first. I was thinking of ordering the RCE and blisten shocks as well. But I'm not sure if those shocks are still available.

Anybody have any other set up thats working for them on our perfect smooth roads here in NE?

Skip the OTS map and come into BrenTuning to visit us for a ProTune. Major gains to be had over the Cobb map. We have a tuning day March 30th if you want to hop on that I think there's a few spots still open.

Do most of you guys run only rsb? Or both with the adjustable rear?

I run the Hotchkis setup, Kartboy endlinks, AVO rear brackets.

Hey fellas, I am getting ready to hit 85K and want to replace shocks all around, any suggestions. I drive into Boston everyday and sit in way to much traffic so im looking for more of a daily driving friendly mods.

Koni's or Bilstiens.

I believe the shocks are still available, but obviously the struts are still "in production"... Hopefully ready soon, but impossible to tell, given that they've been "in production" for about 2 years now...

Hey fellas, I am getting ready to hit 85K and want to replace shocks all around, any suggestions. I drive into Boston everyday and sit in way to much traffic so im looking for more of a daily driving friendly mods.

Well, I've had Cobb/koni, bc br coilovers, and now swift/koni. The last I find is te best compromise of look/comfort. Just my .02.

If you can tolerate the stock ride height but want a more "German" ride, Koni shocks with stock springs is the way to go. The problem with the 4th gen Legacy is lack of suspension travel, so any spring that lowers the car is putting you damn near on the bump stops at rest. This means when you hit a bump at speed, you are going to get a lot more force into the chassis than if you had some compression stroke available. This is is what makes the ride "harsh".

I had Swifts on Konis for two years when I lived in Brookline & Watertown. I would not recommend that setup if you want to be happy with your car. The stance was nice, but it makes for a miserable commute. Epics on Konis are a better match, but stock springs on Konis is ideal. :)

Epics on Konis. +1

Whiteline sways, Kartboy endlinks, AVO rear brackets. Adjustable front sway set on harder setting. Adjustable rear sway set on softer setting. Started out on the "novice" setting (little bit more understeer, little bit less oversteer) since I did sways shortly before winter and I also didn't want to just upgrade stock sways directly to snap oversteer. I'm gonna flip the settings on the sways this spring and see if I can't get some unintentional drifting going on.

If you're gonna upgrade RSB, don't even think about it, just get the AVO rear brackets too.

Edited by Dujo