LegacyGT.com

Intercooler for a 2.5i??

In before the flaming. Well a intercooler is to cool down the charge from a turbo. So you would need to turbo it before it would help with performance. I guess you could slap one on just for looks but that is a pricey exterior mod for no power enhancement

an intercooler cools the air after it passes through the hot turbo.

the exhaust side of the turbo is spun by the engine's exhaust. the compressor side of the turbo compresses the intake air using the same shaft (fins on both sides). THUS... the air gets compressed by the turbo (where the power comes from)... but now it is less dense because it is hotter (just ran past a turbo !!!). SO..... this air passes through an intercooler before entering the engine. The air cools down because of this.

You dont have a turbo, thus you don't need an intercooler. You are already sucking in that cold air.

I must applaud you guys. giving a noob a break.

this is almost identical to the situation with the @ickwad "xiii" on nasioc before he got totally creamed by the OT swarm.

the '07 lamps are not "cleared", they are chromed. if you like the amber shades, them keep em on. that's the legal setup anywho.

get a RBS grill & a lower front lip like Caso said. please don't put a wing on the back. not sure the STI badge is the right move...but hey, to each his own.

I must applaud you guys. giving a noob a break.

this is almost identical to the situation with the @ickwad "xiii" on nasioc before he got totally creamed by the OT swarm.

the '07 lamps are not "cleared", they are chromed. if you like the amber shades, them keep em on. that's the legal setup anywho.

get a RBS grill & a lower front lip like Caso said. please don't put a wing on the back. not sure the STI badge is the right move...but hey, to each his own.

wow i'm shot, how did i not read this like 6 posts above me!! :spin: :spin:

Archived