LegacyGT.com

Skyline Drive Cruise and BBQ!!.

The Gray Ghost

Which weekend is best for everyone?.  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which weekend is best for everyone?.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't lock in my vote yet, but Sunday April 17 would be best...plus I like the idea of having it right after everyone finishes their taxes. Time to decompress for those that waited to the last minute.

Once my April calender is a little more established, I lock in the best option for me. I should have my Legacy repaired by then too.

Also...I may want to pair up with someone to drive my car....so I can film/photo live action and rolling shots (donations welcomehttp://www.onlinejason.net/images/smiley/banned.gif).

At the moment, looks like most my weekends are booked after this one.

Mach V meeting next weekend (19th)

Cherry Blossom Festival Opening & Kite Festival after that (26th & 27th)

Cherry Blossom prime weekend (April 2nd & 3rd)

April 9th could be an alternative, but I suspect folks will use that for a Tax filing weekend as it is the last Sat/Sun before tax day.

Your dates are good, just need to promote like a mad dog. Tweet (@Subaru_USA) and hit up the other nearby areas. It's kinda an uphill battle...as I found out with my last dinner meet. Legacy owners are dropping like flies, at least in this regional sub-forum.

If these people don't want to go, so be it.....I am not going to go hog wild trying to get all of these folks. I tried to set up a cruise last year also, and the same thing happened....I am getting sick of this....I have a ton of things on my plate healthwise also...

I have decided that I will be leaving these forums for good. It has been nice knowing some of you. I need to take care of priorities in my life. I don't enjoy them like I used to......sayonara...I may be moving soon also...I am extremely depressed and unhappy in this area and have never liked it...and never will...

Dude there was only 6 people that voted myself included....I'm in.....but there seems to be something else that is bothering you....hope you find what is…if it’s the area, I can relate. Best of luck to ya…

You are not the only one on that front.

You can always settle for just making it a small group thing. I'd be fine with going for a drive with just one or two others. There's plenty for me to film while I'm out there, and sometimes small groups are more fun anyway. But it's all up to you. You lead, others will follow.

Ok Folks: It looks like the 23rd is the best date for most people on here. I will wait until late March to finalize this. Are you all up to a BBQ also. Please give me your thoughts on this. Remember that there will be FREE admission to the park.

Yeah...anyone can go....you've got a Leggy..so your good. Yo'd probably just have to go straight down I-81 and I'm sure a spot not far from there will be picked, but GrayG is doing the planning so it's up to him.

BBQ yes. Probably hot dogs/hamburgers for the most part (from me...being poor). But I'll bring something. I have a tiny grill I'll bring if needed...doesn't require as much charcoal if it's a smaller group.

Is south central PA included in Mid Atlantic? Where's your rendezvous point? Or maybe I would just leave earlier and catch up along the way.

Definitely so...the more the merrier. As in previous Skyline meets we normally meet up at the Rite-Aid in downtown Front Royal. I hope to see you there...

So...Would everyone like to have a BBQ or just the cruise?. I, myself wouldn't mind either although I am unemployed at present. I will set up a list soon to ask what people would like to bring or we could just do a nice cruise, either way is cool with me...

• I Donated

Why didn't anyone link to this thread in the other one? I didn't see it because nobody ever let me know it existed.

For the record, it looks like any of the above dates would work if finances allow (I think they should be fine, but it's too early to tell with my budgeting right now).

OK folks, here is the firm date: 4/17/11 @ 10:00 am. I can't do the other weekends due to family commitments. We are going to meet up at the Rite-Aid in Front Royal. I hope that this works for you all and I also hope we have more than 3-4 people. Weather Warrior...please chime in if you have any better ideas for a cruise. I have been very busy trying to find a job. I may be moving to another state. I can't please everyone so if you can make it..that is good. Here is the location where we will meet. If the weather is crappy I will postpone it for another date. By the way...admission is FREE as I said in previous posts...We can also wait in the lot for 30 minutes for stragglers.

800 JOHN MARSHALL HWY.

FRONT ROYAL, VA 22630

540-631-0332

Not sure where Skyline is but since this is in the Mid-Atlantic area, might be worth a drive-in. Location or route you're thinking please.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• I Donated
Any way to push it back a bit later (ideally to noon)? It's 2 hours and 15 mins to that address from my house, and I don't really want to have to get up at 7am on the weekend if I can avoid it. Heck, that's earlier than I get up on a weekday!

Archived