LegacyGT.com

Data logged the car for the first time, looking for input

adammc92

Well i got the car in rough shape and i still have some maintenace things to do before i start trying to safely wake the car up a bit. Ive been having tgv issues and as much as i would like to just delete them money and time just wont let me. I used my freinds cable and ecuflash to go in and delete the sensor code and while we were there wanted to data log it just to see whats going on. together we thought we hit most of the importiant paramiters to look at.

I have been dealing with boosting issues, started off with a sliped TB hose then found the intercooler was blown. Im still not making full boost. the dealer siad it may be the turbo and that it covered with my extended warrenty but i was gonna wait till after the holidays to get it rechecked.

If the attachment works, and any one who knows what there looking at as im not well enough educated on the right ranges things should be in yet give me their input. This was a 3rd gear pull i know 4th is better for results but im not gonna risk my safety or others not having acsess to a safe area.

The car has an SPT intake (came on the car, gonna pull it for a factory airbox) and a perrin TMIC with GFB BPV.

romraiderlog_20121231_135416.csv

you should boost leak test it by pressurizing the intake side of things(there's writeups on how to make your own), you're not hitting target boost but you're close. you knocked 2* which isn't horrendous but that terrible spt intake could very well be the cause of that. put factory box and a factory or autozone paper filter in, reset ecu, log again.

Too many unnecessary logging parameters, makes for cluttered log files. Try going with these; it should be enough to give you an idea of the health of things.

A/F Learning #1 (2-byte)** (%)

A/F Sensor #1 (2-byte)** (estimated AFR)

Engine Load (4-Byte)* (g/rev)

Engine Speed (rpm)

Feedback Knock Correction (1-byte)** (degrees)

Fine Learning Knock Correction (1-byte)** (degrees)

Gear (Calculated)* (position)

IAM (1-byte)** (multiplier)

Ignition Total Timing (degrees)

Intake Air Temperature (F)

Knock Sum* (count)

Manifold Relative Pressure (4-byte)* (psi relative)

Mass Airflow (g/s)

Primary Wastegate Duty Cycle (%)

Target Boost (4-byte)* (psi relative sea level)

Throttle Opening Angle (%)

But based on your logs, you're leaking boost somewhere, I think... I haven't seen a completely stock log in a while. The stock map is gimped (purposely) with a huge portion of the WGDC limited to 30.2 which kills your boost.

Pull a LearningView and post it please?

Archived