LegacyGT.com

Cruise control stopped working with accessport

New owner of an 05 LGT wagon with the 5 mt. Bought an Accessport (2nd hand) and married it to the car. Stupidly forgot to diconnect the green test mode connectors when I fired her up (required for the initialization process only). The car ran horribly until I figured out to disconnect the connectors. While running the car with the connectors it flashed the check engine light. All went well when I figured out the mistake but one problem showed up. The cruise control light goes on when engaged but it will not set at any speed. The check engine light stopped flashing and no CEL's show upon the accessort after the fix. I called COBB and a tech told me don't worry about running with the test mode connectors it happens all the time. He also said a check engine light or CEL will prompt automatic disengagment of the Cruise control (starts to make sense). He told me to disconnect the battery terminal for 45 min (yes the ol reboot trick) and things should be fine. Well to make the story short still no Cruise control. It light up but still doesn't set. Anyone have this happen to them? Is a trip to the dealer imminent?

My cruise control stopped working. It would set and then release for no reason or never set at all.

There is a dealer fix for this problem where they re-flash your computer.

I think COBB doesn't have this patch.

You either can have an accessport or cruise control but not both on some 2005's.

Good luck, I may be wrong...

Archived