LegacyGT.com

My custom setup.

PrimeRib

The empty spot in my bumper was screaming to be filled with something. Had an area exhaust shop cut into the stock exhaust, weld a new pipe, hanger, added another muffler, and welded new tips. It looks great, and didn't cost me that much.

No, I don't notice any increase in performance. I can't decern much difference in exhaust sound. I just know that its my car and my money, and I think that it looks nice :D

Here are some pics. After I took the underside pic, they sprayed the exhaust and mufflers with some paint. I have a video, but it was taken with my cell phone, and isn't that good. I can post on request.

Thanks for looking :)

0423131401.thumb.jpg.a4b8c1aa73c3efbd2bbe29381a94b8af.jpg

0423131608.thumb.jpg.ee1ff1d5dca75ec78f77a6d35790f065.jpg

Parts list:

SL411: Imco Muffler 32.95

IAD404NS: SS tip 2@ 25.95 each

Pipe 2 409: SS 2 pipe 6.95 (18.77 total)

Southern hang 3/8 rod hanger: 3.00

Labor: 36.00

Got it done at:

Gehman's Exhaust Repair

123 Andrew's Way

Mohnton, PA 19540

In case anyone was curious.

Hang on a sec, the 2012 2.5i comes with an empty cutout in the bumper? Holy crap that would piss me off so badly....! Looks better the way you did it, good job. :)

Don't feel bad. I had to look very close to see mine, and it was after a similar post.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

I spent $151. Well worth it IMHO :)

Like you said...it's your $$ and your ride. We all have different tastes. Glad you like the outcome.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

On my list of things to do. Did u buy parts from there?

Or did u buy all parts first and then have him install it?

How does it sound now?

Parts list:

SL411: Imco Muffler 32.95

IAD404NS: SS tip 2@ 25.95 each

Pipe 2 409: SS 2 pipe 6.95 (18.77 total)

Southern hang 3/8 rod hanger: 3.00

Labor: 36.00

Got it done at:

Gehman's Exhaust Repair

123 Andrew's Way

Mohnton, PA 19540

In case anyone was curious.

• 2 years later...
The empty spot in my bumper was screaming to be filled with something. Had an area exhaust shop cut into the stock exhaust, weld a new pipe, hanger, added another muffler, and welded new tips. It looks great, and didn't cost me that much.

No, I don't notice any increase in performance. I can't decern much difference in exhaust sound. I just know that its my car and my money, and I think that it looks nice :D

Here are some pics. After I took the underside pic, they sprayed the exhaust and mufflers with some paint. I have a video, but it was taken with my cell phone, and isn't that good. I can post on request.

Thanks for looking :)

Thank god someone did the same. I have a 2.5i like you and am in dire need of putting up the second exhaust. Definetly going to do this soon. You should put up a sound clip. I wonder if it gotten any louder. As much as I want the look, i'm also looking for that subie growl ahah. I've been looking into catback but thats a steep price. Anyways, any sound difference? :O

Archived