LegacyGT.com

Opinions/suggestions needed

sungsg4

Currently I own a '99 dodge ram, and I am feeling the pain of high gas $$. Nevertheless, I really enjoy driving the LGT @ the local dealership and after spending 4 months in Japan, Subaru defintely caught my attention. Anyway, there are few questions I'm hoping the experts out there could provide honest opinions:

I live in the NE, and sometime snow storm can be a hassle (not too bad this winter). Has ground clearance been a issue?

The Legacy does not have the option of fold-down rear seat. Has that been a problem for some people?

I've heard the rumor mill that '07 will have a minor update. Can someone confirm this??

I appreciate the honest feedbacks, and I will keep all in the loop.

thanks!

Guest *Jedimaster*
If you want fold down seats, get a wagon- if you want ride height and clearance, get an Outback. Get an Outback and solve both issues.

Yeah the non-foldable rear seats can be a pain sometimes. I read in the rumor thread that the 07 will have foldable seats. Wifey is getting a Honda Element later this months so I will be free to mod my car again. If this is your only car and you are comming from a truck, then you are going to feel the difference immediatley. Check the wagon out. It really cool. Most people on hear regret not getting the wagon. Take a look at WRX_LGT s wagon its pretty nice.

Most people on hear regret not getting the wagon. Take a look at WRX_LGT s wagon its pretty nice.

While the wagon is nice, I'd hardly say most sedan owners regret not getting the wagon. :icon_tong

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

GET A WAGON!!!

heheheeh

Today like many other days I did thank I got the wagon instead of a sedan, was able to haul tons of stuff with the back seats folded... hehehehehehe

Really happy with it..

If you have to carry tons os stuff, hands down, get a wagon....

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Definitely, the lack of fold-down can be an issue in terms of total/absolute storage.

However, unless you routinely make Home Depot runs with this vehicle, you shouldn't necessarily be too bothered by this concern. The pass-through has been sufficient for me on the few cases where I've had some extra-long stuff to haul. You should thoroughly assess your own needs before purchase, though, as this is a critical feature/lack.

I live in NE-Ohio. Although we're definitely not as snow-bound as some areas of the north-east US, we do see our fair share of the white stuff, and Lake-Effect snow can cause some serious accumulation and even worse drifts in the eastern suburbs of metro-Cleveland, where we live.

Our driveway plow guy isn't the most speedy nor consistent ( but then again, we pay bargain-basement for our contract, too! :lol: ) - with a relatively flat driveway and two AWD Scoobys, we've had no problems at all.

The stock ground clearance on either my LGT or my wife's WRX was plenty capable to extract either of these vehicles out of either two-feet deep snowdrifts nor a driveway covered with about 8-14 inches of snow. ;)

If you're really worried about winter traction, you'll want to get some dedicated snow-tires. That should insure that you're good-to-go for just about all conditions.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Hard for me to judge effect of clearance this winter- as you've stated, pretty anemic.

I also have a wagon. Just before I took delivery, I had second thoughts: "Dang, maybe I should just get a Spec. B!"

But the moment I saw my wagon all fitted out, I was in love, and it's been terrific from day one.

wagon ftw ...... I came from a truck also. wagon is very handy for hauling extra sets of wheels/tires. ;)

2 full sets will fit standing upright with the seats down and I think there's room for an extra couple wheels and or tires too. :)

one set fits easily + extra gear and 5 passengers.

Love my wagon- just got back from weekend skiing and snowboarding trip with my kids- plenty of room for all and all the stuff.

I got one of the last of the 05 MTs, though, and, I'm afraid, I could never buy an AT.

Archived