LegacyGT.com

2011 Subaru Impreza WRX

FlipNap

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still ugly as damn sin.

Blunt front (after the BL/BP Legacy was so nicely sleek and pointed, even with the chunky US bumper beams...)

Cheesy fender flares (is that now a theme requirement for the brand, or something?)

Boring roofline (at least it isn't Quasimodo, the hunchback of the auto industry, like the 5-door.)

Even the wheels look non-sporty. (The 06-07 WRX 7-spokes were probably the best, not busy like this, but not just plain, either.)

The mechanical systems are very good, and remain the reason why I like Subaru, but man they are dropping the ball, aesthetically.

My sources tell me the dealers already have the 2011 vehicle orders and it shows the STi sedan so it wouldn't surprise me that they do it there or in the next show.

2011's cant be ordered until mid/late april and delivery for WRX/STI models will be September.

I do happen to like the change..wider tires, wider stance, wider wheels

It will make me consider not keep the currently legacy 3.0 as long as I had initially anticipated. I was unsure what I would get after I was ready to let go of the currently Legacy and even still not 100%, at least this keeps the Subaru brand in the running as I was not sure I would stick with a Subaru after my legacy ...and after owning about 8 Subies.

I want to see it in person before jumping on that wagon for sure, but do like the initial pictures. I knew it had been coming for awhile with the STI body type in the sedan and 5 door (they announced it awhile back in an owners meeting that our owner went to).

Archived