LegacyGT.com

Driver legroom

That is a tough one. I am sure you cound get four steel plates and drill holes in them with the offset you want to move the seat back the offset amount. However that would throw off all the airbags and seat belt angles. Do not know if it is worth it.

I gave up looking at the new gen Legacy because on the drivers seat. No matter how I tried It just wouldn't fit. Darn parking brake lever hits right on the edge of my knee cap.

Peace,

Greg

I've noticed a certain lack of leg room also. I'm not very tall at only 6'0" but could use just a hair more (I often find myself pushing the adjustment and not getting anymore seat travel). Feels like I'm driving my Miata. Just because I'm curious; how tall are other LGT drivers. Just my two cents but I don't think I would be able to fit if I was taller then I am.

Does the non-limited seat go further back?

Buddy of mine has driven mine twice....said he loved the way it fit....6"6 275.

He did say it's a good thing it has a adj. steering wheel;)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

The biggest problem I have with this car and most cars is a lack of headroom. The only way to overcome that is the gansta lean. (maybe my next car I should go with out a sunroof.) In this car I have plenty of leg room, but in most cars I have to put the seat all the way back and still have to bend my knees. This car isn't that bad.

They must have short people over there in Japan. My buddy is 6.0 feet and he barely fits up front too. I was surprised he fit in the back seat. I am 5' 9" so I fit just fine. Great car as long as you can fit. Subaru, new for 2010 the LWBLGT. LongWheelBaseLegacyGT. Yeah, I am dreaming. Sorry.

For your car audio/video needs:D

Audio Crafters IS it.

In Pasadena Ca. Arthur rules.

www.audio-crafters.com

I'm 6' and I have no problem. I do keep the seat all the way back, and have it adjusted almost all the way to the lowest position in this car. I sometimes put my foot all the way onto the gas pedal when I need to stretch the legs.

It's pretty comfy this way, my only wish is that there was a telescoping steering wheel.

The seats blow. Every car I had prior to the LGT had MUCH better seats. They have all been GM but the seats were sooo much nicer and I always had a ton of leg room as well. I always feel cramped and am constantly adjusting because I just can't get comfortable. BTW I'm 6'1

I'm like 6'3, 6'4 and sometimes its a bitch to find a good driving position, I find myself sitting with me legs bent, with my kneews going towards the doors fo the car.

Same here. And if the hand brake is up, ouch! I'm 6'2

I don't get it. I am 6'4 barefoot at least 6'5 with my shoes on and I have no issues at all. I don't even think I have the seat all the way back PLUS I am all leg. I think I have a 36" inseam too. I have super long legs, but I own the 5EAT. Maybe I would have a bigger beef if I had the stick. is that the issue?

I don't get it. I am 6'4 barefoot at least 6'5 with my shoes on and I have no issues at all. I don't even think I have the seat all the way back PLUS I am all leg. I think I have a 36" inseam too. I have super long legs, but I own the 5EAT. Maybe I would have a bigger beef if I had the stick. is that the issue?

yeah dude, I'm 6' 7" and 250lbs with a MT sedan... no issues (that's a 36-38 inseam for me, too.). the seat is definately all the way back but it's comfortable. Just recently I drove from Atlanta to Cleveland (about 12 hours) and can honestly say I wasn't uncomfortable at all. When I get in the car I usually run my knee right into the parking break, but that's about the only problem. If I were 6' like some of you guys I'd have a ton of extra room.

^^

You must not mind having your legs bent for hours on end then... I however get a cramped feeling and there is no room AT ALL to straighten out the legs... unless you're a little person.

So yes, there is a lack of leg room. Again, 6'1 with an inseam of 34.

I'm 6' 2" with a 32" inseam, I can always find a comfy position. But then again, I spend more time sitting in airplanes (first class FTW) than I do my car, so I'm used to having my legs bent for hours on end.

X2

Man, between this thread, the passenger foot room thread, and the incessant fuel mileage threads... You guys almost have me re-thinking my plans to buy a LGT... after two years of looking and deciding....

From the sound of it (and I don't remember this being the case in my various test drives, but they have not entailed hours in the car...) the car doesn't fit many people very well, but those who do fit, are very satisifed.

I may have to explore this a little bit more, and test drive another and pay some more attention to driving position, and have my wife really check out the passenger seat. (as if I wouldn't anyway, I don't really need an excuse to ask for a test drive, if I think there is half a chance :D )

I said "almost"... unless some car company completely takes the market by suprise, and releases a car like no other between now and august... The Legacy fits the bill as good as any, and better than most cars I can find. I just hope it fits as well in the literal sense.

I really hope this atmosphere on the general legacy forum is a mood thing, and owners just being enthusiasts, and thus, über-critical. That isn't a criticism, as I am firmly planted in that camp, too.

Otherwise, it might entail a trip to the upholsterer's shop... my wife really likes the 06 Spec B red leather, anyway. So do I. But '07 is calling to me.

my old man is 6foot 6 shoeless, and he rocks a 20 year old 911 on the weekends... knees out the window, but he works that sticky-ass clutch like a pro, so i guess it all depends on how determinned you are...

i have fat feet so the right edge of my shoe drags on the center console like no other... need to see if i can offset the pedal at bit.

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

I am 6' 3" & a 34" inseam w/a basic Legacy and for the 2 days I have owned it i would say yes its a little cramp but no more than any other Japanese car...the only way I would want the seat to go back further is if the steering wheel telescoped.

I drove a 5 speed and couldn't shift very good at all because my leg angle. With the auto I seem to sit w/my legs up as mentioned and use my leg as an arm rest because the window sill is so thin you can't sit your arm on it with a coat on.

The little German cars like the 3 series and A4 go clear back to touching the rear seat that's why they seem roomy in comparision

yah, lack of wheel telescope kinda sucks, i had to play with the seat for a while to get it just right, and today some dealer guys F'd it up so they could ghost ride tha' whip round the maintenance yard...

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

Yup, because you have to modulate the clutch.

I remember the Legacy's steering wheel being at arms reach, with elbows bent just a bit, with the seat an inch or so from fully rearward, and the pedals were a tad close, but nothing uncomfortable. The miata and the ranger is much tighter in the legroom department, but the seat is higher off the floor in the ranger.

The odd thing is, my father just got a new holdover 05 Mustang V6 Convertible. The reach to the steering wheel was REALLY LONG. Like barely reach long. Like damn near touching the dash long. Like running out of reach while steering long. The first thing I asked was if it telescoped. Nope.

Plenty of leg room, though. Seat was very adjustable, but the switches were tight between the seat and door panel, and hard to get to. Odd for a car that is so HUGE for what it is. Nice and solid, though.

So I am thinking that short of a VERY expensive car, and even not some of those, perfect driving position is nigh on impossible. It is just a matter of a good, comfortable for a couple hours position. Then there are cars like the McLaren F1, that are fitted for you, but you have to run the gauntlet to get in or out... :D (not that I would have experience doing that... It'd be worth it!)

Archived