LegacyGT.com

Automatic Climate Control Display Out.

So yea I just posted a topic about another issue, but heh, my car is something else. So it seems my automatic climate control display is dead. The ac/head work fine, but I have to guess what the temp is or if the AC is on or not. The display is dead. All other displays in the car illuminate fine. Is there a way for me to fix this myself or figure out the problem, or is this a must bring to dealer issue?

Thanks again.

I know this is completely different, but the display on my auto temp controls went out on my '99 LHS over the summer. There were two surface mount resisters that needed to be resoldered then all worked. I would carefully take it apart and look for cold solder joints or any obvious signs of component failure.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

hmmm~ once about 2-3 months ago, after starting my car up one morning, i thought i saw my climate control display 'blink' momentarily... watching it closely the following week, not seeing it again - finally gave in to the fact i must of imagined it... maybe not???

Archived