LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

Anybody hogzaust a non-LGT? Specifically, my dad has the Lexus 350 '07... Although he pretends not to like it, the shit eating grin and him asking me "what would this sound like on my car...." tempts me to give him a suprise :)

Let me know if youve done this non-Subaru/Leggy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this mod only works on subaru boxer engines due to the exhaust manifold layout and the firing order of the cylinders? (not 100% on that last part). if you do it on the is350, you'll just end up with a ricey exhaust leak, not the boxer rumble

this mod only works on subaru boxer engines due to the exhaust manifold layout and the firing order of the cylinders? (not 100% on that last part). if you do it on the is350, you'll just end up with a ricey exhaust leak, not the boxer rumble

Well I guess with this mod you just end up with a Boxer engine exhaust leak. I havent quite understood why you would want to give your car an exhaust leak to make it sound better. There is no way that performance can be attained by this modification.

Are you Stage 2 Hogzaust? If not, do that. YOu'll tell the diff.

Either than, or your radio is on 30...

radio 15-30, I forget if I forgot to take the gasket out of one side I think i went back and did it but its been a few months. 2 washers on each bolt though. I could clearly hear the difference more right when I did it but now I guess ive gotten used to it i dont notice it. I like loud things dont get me wrong it was a very nice 3 dollar investment for sure... but i do play the radio loud on a regular basis. I guess if i went back to stock then back to "stage II" I would probably notice it more. Eventually I do wanto to get a Greddy EVO II but right now its not worth the cost for me. After I do STi UP and gutted DP & Access Port stage II 93 map, tints, larger TMIC, GFB blowoff valve set at 50/50, install aftermarket stereo system, and some other things.... if i have 800 dollars lying around then I will def get a Greddy as I like the look of the grapefruit shooters on it & it really has a nice mellow rumble. I met a member from here with an 06 spec.b with same greddy and really liked it.

If you used really thin washers, than it's only like a Stage 1. I used, and reccommend thicker washers.

Also - you do get used to it. My car feels dog slow to me, but others still get a hoot from it.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

• 2 weeks later...
Which is louder...a Stage 1 Hogzaust using washers or a Seeeyaa 10 gauge copper wire tune. I enjoy a nice subdued mellow exhaust note that allows me to hear what the engine is doing. But I've got an old lady who doesn't appreciate any exhaust sound and I don't want to have to listen to her telling me I ruined my car.

Stage 1 is probably the perfect fit. It's not much louder than stock - but it lets you hear the engine for smoother clutch engagment. Not a loud ROOOOOOOAR @ WOT. Even though my lady likes it quiet, but she doesn't mind my Stage 2 one bit.

GO with S2, and if she bitches, slap her.

If she continues to bitch, spend 10 minutes and go to Stage 1.

OR, be a man and tell her to STFU, I need to have my fun too.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

Stage 1 is probably the perfect fit. It's not much louder than stock - but it lets you hear the engine for smoother clutch engagment. Not a loud ROOOOOOOAR @ WOT. Even though my lady likes it quiet, but she doesn't mind my Stage 2 one bit.

GO with S2, and if she bitches, slap her.

If she continues to bitch, spend 10 minutes and go to Stage 1.

OR, be a man and tell her to STFU, I need to have my fun too.

It is too late for that, I already wimped out :( and bought an Automatic instead of a Manual so she could drive my car. My first Automatic in 40 years of car ownership.

go stage 1.5 , its perfect! three washers on each side. and yes its not symetrical. but for an 5eat its purrrfect. Ive been stage 1.5 for months now on my 5eat and no problems at all. Best $2.00 ever Edited by robert
grammer

so I've been reading a lot of posts about people with 5EAT's not liking the sound of the hogzawst.. I own a 5EAT and just finished the mod with stage 5 and i gotta say i love it.

i think most of the reason why it doesn't sound good is because if you're just lightly pushing the car it's going to be shifting pretty dang fast. when the car does this u don't really get to hear the hogzawst it sounds more like ur car is retarded. i was only going like 20 mph in my neighborhood and it was already up in like 4th gear.

so anyways! my problem solving tip for this is that u just shift with your the little shifter or paddle shifters, u can hold the gear for as long as u want and u can really hear the hogzawst well. it sounds amazing coupled up with a K&N typhoon!

i loved seeing some lookie-loos from the local car scene walk away from the engine bay craning their necks, bending over, and generally closely examining my exhaust setup front to back before asking if somethings missing upon startup and after some revving
obedience to church and state is subjugation to the unjust authority of men

back to stock. 5 months of stage 1.5 and everything looks and sounds fine. I think i might have the dreaded uppipe leak so i gotta go stealth for a while so i can listen for it. As soon as that issue is resolved im back to hogzaust!

id like to put my two cents about the Hog-Zawst...i had done the stage 2 on each side (8 washers total) when i had a completly stock exhaust and absolutly loved the sound of it

...but since then i have gotten a catless uppipe, and a catless midpipe as well as an XO2 intermediate pipe(with the resonator) nd Y-pipe...i tried doing stage 2 Hog-zawst on one side (2 washers on each of 2 bolts on one exhaust)...i got pulled over in about 8 minutes after i pulled out my driveway, i got away with saying it was n exhaust leak becuases i told the cop to put his hand under the car and see that one exhaust was complete with out any leaks while the other one had loose bolts therefore it was leaking. he gave me a verbal warning and sent me on my merry way

....then i went stage .5 (1 washer on one bolt and thats it) well with stage .5 you would get the woo woo effect ([ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n79jSzKA0L8]YouTube - Woo Woo[/ame]) at about 5000+ RPM, below that it sounded good, except at idle it would make wierd burbling sounds...so im back to stage 0 aka catless turboback exhaust+resonator+ stock mufflers

I say, drive it the way to like it! Can he really do anything? Seriously? What about all the loud trucks? The motorcycles?

What are your noise ordinances?

I think you just got unlucky and got picked at a really bad time.

Don't let The Man hold you down!