LegacyGT.com

Alignment and wheel mounting

DarkOblivion000

Honestly, I've been going to Firestone. They balance wheels really well, and they have a really good alignment setup. I go for the lifetime alignment, and I've already used it maybe 6 times on my LGT. You can't beat that deal. However, don't let them touch anything else, or I'm sure they'll mess it up.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Honestly, I've been going to Firestone. They balance wheels really well, and they have a really good alignment setup. I go for the lifetime alignment, and I've already used it maybe 6 times on my LGT. You can't beat that deal. However, don't let them touch anything else, or I'm sure they'll mess it up.

What location have you been going to? Will they align the car to custom settings?

I have Firestone lifetime alignment that I used extensively in NJ, but here I didn't have much luck. Two locations I went to were crappy. So I was going to different places for alignment (Fastrack before their screw up, last time I went to Direct Tire in Watertown).

What location have you been going to? Will they align the car to custom settings?

I have Firestone lifetime alignment that I used extensively in NJ, but here I didn't have much luck. Two locations I went to were crappy. So I was going to different places for alignment (Fastrack before their screw up, last time I went to Direct Tire in Watertown).

It's tough here for Firestone. I go to the one in Natick:

I just act really nice and ask them very nicely to please align to these specs (hand them my post-it note). Then they tell me they can only do factory settings. Then I say these are pretty much within factory specs, and "we found that due to the entirely different chassis if you go too far away from these numbers, it becomes really bad to drive. Thanks you guys are awesome, you always take good care of me and all my friends, that's why we all keep choosing you guys" and then they get pretty close to my specs, enough that I'm happy.

They're not a race shop, but what can you do if you don't want to spend $1000/year on alignments

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Lifetime alignments? Does that mean you pay once and they do it for life?? Sounds like a sweet deal... If I move to somewhere else, would I be able to get an alignment there free too?

How do I know what settings I should align to? lol... I am wheels/tire n00b... :confused:

Lifetime alignments? Does that mean you pay once and they do it for life?? Sounds like a sweet deal... If I move to somewhere else, would I be able to get an alignment there free too?

How do I know what settings I should align to? lol... I am wheels/tire n00b... :confused:

Yes, it's between $159 and $179 for a lifetime of free alignments at any Firestone on JUST THAT ONE CAR.

It's cheaper in California than out here. I tried to buy one over the phone :lol:

I request to get aligned at:

0* toe

-.5* front camber

-.8* rear camber

6* caster

somewhat conservative for my daily driver

SEARCH and you shall find :)

If they don't get it close enough, I just mess with something and come back 2 weeks later. Just DON'T let them work on your car. Alignment and wheel mounting/balancing only!

Does anyone know really cheap places to mount and align your tires around CT?

Mount and align or mount and balance? Where in CT are you? In stratford there's a place called burns tire, they mount/balance/dispose for $20 a tire.

Nate

Wow that's not bad for lifetime at all. Do you have bring in your receipt everytime you go or something, or do they have you in their computers and you just bring yourself? Cuz that would be awesome.

Mount and align or mount and balance? Where in CT are you? In stratford there's a place called burns tire, they mount/balance/dispose for $20 a tire.

Well the thing is I'm planning to have a set of rims with summer tires and a set of rims and winter tires. So I would need mount and align?

.... Well... $20 a tire vs. $120 for lifetime.... >_< no brainer

i have a the same setup, summer rims + tires and winter rims+tires and i never re-align, maybe i should. but so far i haven't noticed any abnormal tire wear.

Ah nice. Well one of my problems is, the rims I'm buying for summer are 18's, and right now I'm running stock 17's, which I'm going to keep for the winter.

Wouldn't I have to realign?

Also, would they need to reprogram the sensor that tells you if your tires are flat or not, because the wheels have different weights (I think)?

No. Lifetime alignment is for alignment only. It's a loss leader to bring in people to do other things. They do full service, but say "no" Just get the mounting and balancing there, because they have the good equipment.

on similar note can anyone recommend a good shop to do alignment in central part of RI - Warwick, Cranston ,etc. South is fine too. Will be installing PINKS + Bilsteins soon. Don't want to screw it up at incompetent place.

Did anyone have any experience with Sullivan Tire in Warwick ? they look OK but they guoted me $50 per tire for 17 inch mount & balance.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

on similar note can anyone recommend a good shop to do alignment in central part of RI - Warwick, Cranston ,etc. South is fine too. Will be installing PINKS + Bilsteins soon. Don't want to screw it up at incompetent place.

Did anyone have any experience with Sullivan Tire in Warwick ? they look OK but they guoted me $50 per tire for 17 inch mount & balance.

Firestone.

Archived