LegacyGT.com

First Post - First car!

Hey everyone! I just recently bought myself my first car:) Which is a 1997 Legacy GT wagon. I want to work a lot on my car and have this be a learning car for my future Subaru's. That being said I'm curious on what a few modifications you guys would suggest! My main question is I want a new exhaust but I don't think I cant afford the whole system. And I want my exhaust to turn heads but not steal the show if you know what I mean. Noticeable, but not overwhelming. Any suggestions? Thanks to anyone who replies :)

Welcome to the forum! Let me tell you a little advice from when i first bought mine: no matter hoe bad you want a full cold air intake, dont do it. It does nothing. Haha. As far as mods i would suggest, save up and get a nice suspension setup. Shocks, springs, and upgraded bracing like sway bars/links and strut braces do wonders for handling and looks.

Find yourself an exhaust from a wrx or sti. Those guys usually are upgrading so you should be able to pick one up fairly cheap. I only paid $60 for my 2.5" sti cat back and any decent muffler shop can hang it for you with a little modifications. Read the stickies in this forum and ask alot of questions. Have fun with it.

Archived