LegacyGT.com

New In-Dash Nav & Parrot 3100 BT Installs

AV8TORSADF

Hey All,

I've posted some new pics after having Parrot 3100 BT kit and Nav installed in-dash.

I didn't want to spend almost $3K to do a Double DIN nav install so I went with a new Garmin 1390 T (T = traffic service) and had them remove the center cubby and install the nav there and they produced a custom face plate. They also installed the Parrot kit and ran it through the factory stereo so it cuts power when calling out or receiving a call. The Parrot 3100 has a small screen so one can see the phone book and all one's entry's or one can call using voice commands.

The costs were:

Nav = $399

Parrot 3100 = $178

Install for both = $189

Misc = $15

Total = $781

Nav Pics

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m202/csussman1/Legacy%2030R%20LTD_Installs/Interior1.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m202/csussman1/Legacy%2030R%20LTD_Installs/NavCloseUp.jpg

Parrot Kit

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m202/csussman1/Legacy%2030R%20LTD_Installs/Parrot3100Kit.jpg

What you guys/girls think?

Looks good. Would personally prefer a flat, black matte face plate to match but otherwise am a big fan. Are you easily able to remove the GPS unit if you wanted to use it in another car or is it in there for good? And what made you choose the 1390T over, for example, the 265WT (the only difference I can see between the two is the lane assist on your model, don't know if it is worth the extra $130 but you can tell me better . . .)

you did a good job, but i couldnt handle looking at something that doesnt look like its supposed to be there. cant stand wires out in the open either. I think a larger nav unit would fit better. in my opinion

you did a good job, but i couldnt handle looking at something that doesnt look like its supposed to be there. cant stand wires out in the open either. I think a larger nav unit would fit better. in my opinion

Granted, not a perfect solution but it is one that works for me based on esthetics Vs cost. The ideal solution was going to run me $2780 before taxes and I almost pulled the trigger until I realised I needed a seal coat for my driveway and a new shed for my lawn tractor and outdoor furniture. It is all about priorities and while I wanted Nav and BT I didn't want to blow $3K to get it. :)

Looks good. Would personally prefer a flat, black matte face plate to match but otherwise am a big fan. Are you easily able to remove the GPS unit if you wanted to use it in another car or is it in there for good? And what made you choose the 1390T over, for example, the 265WT (the only difference I can see between the two is the lane assist on your model, don't know if it is worth the extra $130 but you can tell me better . . .)

The nav is in there and is not mean't to be moved from vehicle to vehicle. If and when I want it removed it can be done easily. The face plate has a custom made bracket to hold it in place but it also is easily removed and then I can simply put the cubby back in with no trouble at all and my car is back to stock again.

Honestly, when I was looking at Nav's my two criteria were a new model and a model that was as narrow and small as possible because originally I was going to mount it inside the cubby but that simply wasn't possible. I do like the Traffic feature, used it the other day driving through New Haven CT where it showed a 10 minute delay and I went around the delay. I also like the Lane Assist. Prior to hitting a busy intersection it shows that intersection in an animation and highlights the correct path to take. Pretty cool.

Archived