LegacyGT.com

Valeo Ultimate or Bosch Icon wipers in snow?

pdw

I'm totally sick of the stock wipers so I'm going to order one of these. Has anyone had experience with either in the snow? I always fully clear my car if it gets snowed on but I live near Boston and heavy, wet snow is fairly common.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have had numerous customers come back to my store and tell me that the Icons are by far the beat blade they ever bought. Keep in mind this is Advance auto parts clientel. I got the Icons on mine and there great so far but thank god no snow yet.

I have had the Valeos for over a year (last winter was horrible!) and really like them. The best wipers I have ever had! Period!

I tried out a few other wipers including ones that were designed like the Valeos, but they all sucked.

Don't forget to Aqua-Pel your windshield, or be like me and Aqua-Pel all your windows. That alone makes a huge difference.

...Don't forget to Aqua-Pel your windshield, or be like me and Aqua-Pel all your windows. That alone makes a huge difference.

Is that similar to Rain-X??

+1 for the Valeo's, i rock them on my Wagon. Great from morning dew to a iced over windshield!!

~Sucka-Duck~

Is that similar to Rain-X??

+1 for the Valeo's, i rock them on my Wagon. Great from morning dew to a iced over windshield!!

Similiar to Rain-X but about 6-10 times better, seriously. On my 00 Maxima one application lasted over 3 years. Rain-X lasts a few months. Also Rain-X causes bug guts to smear a little bit, at least compared to how easy it is to wash after an Aqua-Pel treatment.

Once you get Aqua-Pel you will not turn back, I do all my windows!

• 2 weeks later...
Is Valeo becoming more OEM on cars these days?

Not sure if they are the valeo brand, but i have seen similar looking ones on cars in dealer lots from VW/audi to volvo and mercedes. I have a set of valeo's myself and love them.

i've done two winters with valeo ultimates on my audi a4. they are incredible. i have no reservations about this winter at all. they are still just as good as new.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/onemoremile/IMG_2228.jpg

Single set survived two winters? Quite incredible.

• 3 weeks later...
The advance auto parts store here in town had bosch icons at about 20 bucks a piece, autobarn.com was doing a sale on valeo ultimates for 15 dollars a piece with 6 dollars shipping, soo i saved about 5 bucks getting them online and got a slightly better product (the orginal thing lol).
I love my car ... basically.

?

It makes the windshield smoother and takes off small bits of sap, bugs and other crap and helps the wipers work more smoothly. If you go to Griots Garage, they sell glass polish for this very purpose but rubbing compound does the same for less.

Ok, what model Valeo am I looking for on Amazon.com. I don't know what model numbers to get. I know it is 18" driver side, and 24" passenger side, but I am getting confused by the OE/Universal fitment, and the Valeo site isn't any help. Tire rack gives me options, but doesn't list the model number. Oh and they are $19.99 each on tire rack. Amazon is still cheaper with free shipping though :)

I ordered my Valeos from Amazon.com. I just ordered by size. Here's the numbers from my order...

Items:

• 1 of: Valeo 900-18-1B Ultimate Wiper Blade - 18"
    Sold by: Amazon.com</SPAN>
  • 1 of: Valeo 900-24-1B Ultimate Wiper Blade - 24"
    Sold by: Amazon.com</SPAN>

- The Mortgage Man

Ok, what model Valeo am I looking for on Amazon.com. I don't know what model numbers to get. I know it is 18" driver side, and 24" passenger side, but I am getting confused by the OE/Universal fitment, and the Valeo site isn't any help. Tire rack gives me options, but doesn't list the model number. Oh and they are $19.99 each on tire rack. Amazon is still cheaper with free shipping though :)

the oe means orginal equipment and is for cars that orginally have the valeo ultimate, you want the universial fitment.

I love my car ... basically.

Cool..thanks for the help. Also, does anyone know if you can get these for $8 each at Sam's Club. I know they sell Valeo's and someone on Fatwallet indicated that they maybe available there. I called the local one here, and they don't seem to have Valeo Ultimate, but rather Valeo Smart Fit (no clue what these are)

Archived