LegacyGT.com

08 Legacy Exhaust/Springs

Hi I have a 2008 Legacy 2.5i Limited. I know this a GT forum, I used to be on the second gen LGT forum with my old car. But I just needed to know if GT catbacks/headers will fit my car? Such as Borla, Magnaflow, etc. Also for STI springs, does it have to be a specific year STI to fit my car? If so, what year? Thanks for any help guys!

You should search before starting a thread like this considering these are commonly covered questions..

-Catback fitment is the same for 2.5i and GT, so you can buy a GT catback and it will bolt right up.

-Headers won't bolt right up, you have 3 options:

1.) Borla replica headers for the non-turbo, but sometimes they have sealing issues.

2.) You could get an 06+ WRX/STi/LegacyGT header in good condition from the marketplace or NASIOC and have it fabbed to fit.

There is a thread here about that > http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/pics-lgt-manifold-conversion-157280.html

3.) There's now a dedicated aftermarket header for the 2.5i by RalliSport. Personally think the sound is too chopper-ish and doesn't sound great.

-Springs have been covered 1000 times as well, so search for that.. the site is organized by car part if you look at the forum page and scroll down.

Archived