LegacyGT.com

Impreza Intercooler on my Legacy?

oyway

Hello!

I have a turbocharged Legacy, first generation (1992). It's the european spec with 2 liter turbo engine (EJ20).

Because I'm living in Israel and it's a very hot country, I want to change my intercooler to a bigger\better one (thought about Impreza's one...).

Will it fit to my Legacy? what will I have to replace except of the intercooler?

This is a picture of my engine (while I'm checking the oil level... :-) )

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_2EtnCJfXc60/S-2XBgtBWnI/AAAAAAAADpw/xSLsmgSNT9U/IMG_0369.jpg

I know that my engine is dirty...

Thank you very much!

Daniel.

Hi,

Since you have an AWIC (Air-to-Water-Intercooler) you may already have the best setup. A regular intercooler will probably get 'heat-soaked', unless you do a lot of high speed driving. One thing you can do is get a larger heat exchanger for the water going thru the intercooler.

Good luck,

Td

Hi,

Since you have an AWIC (Air-to-Water-Intercooler) you may already have the best setup. A regular intercooler will probably get 'heat-soaked', unless you do a lot of high speed driving. One thing you can do is get a larger heat exchanger for the water going thru the intercooler.

Good luck,

Td

I agree. Just staying with the AWIC is more than likely your best option for you. Many of us here in the states have upgraded to this (was never offered here) over a traditional intercooler setup.

Archived