LegacyGT.com

GE Megalight feedback?

Rimfaxe

I had a headlight burn out a few days ago, so after much research on this forum I decided to order OSRAM - Silverstar +50% ECE from suvlights.com.

I find out today that suv.lights.com is out of stock on the ORSAM Silverstar. They want to substitute GE Megalight +50 percent http://www.gelighting.com/eu/litlib/downloads/auto_megalight50_60_en.pdf

I'm not familiar with these lights. Anyone have any experience with these?

I thought this would be a good opportunity for a small upgrade, but at this rate, its going to be a trip to Pep Boys to get the lights back on.

Any recommendations?

Rimfaxe

I have the UK Osrams......very overrated, IMHO - they were no brightet than stock. One burned out on me last week, so I swapped for the Osram All-Weather H7's last night. Similar to Xenonk's PIAA Amber/Ion Crystal bulbs. Interesting, but I don't think I will keep them in.

Thanks for the input. I ended up ordering the GE bulbs (mostly in the interest of time). I didn't think of ebay- prob would have ordered there if I had been more astute. I'm sure these bulbs will be OK. It would be an interesting comparison between the two-

Rimfaxe

Archived