LegacyGT.com

Non Felt cargo area?

I have a light colored interior, leather seats and the felt type panels in the the cargo area. Though this makes for a nice feel, it doesn't work so well with a dark haired dog, the hair sticks to it like velcro and is a huge pain to keep clean.

Was the '05 model available with basic plastic panels in the cargo area, or were they all the felt type material?

Sko what he means is the side walls of the cargo area. Like the wheel arch areas. As far as I know they did not make any that were plastic. The reason for that is when this generation came out they were looking to separate it as a semi high end subaru. The only way I can think of going a plastic route is to take out the panels and fiberglass over them to replicate the shapes. Then smooth out the fiberglass and paint a color.

Yeah, having that rubber mat is nice, makes cleaning up the floor a snap. I'm contemplating options with the felt such as a rhino liner type material, but I don't want to make any drastic changes. I may try and find a material that I can "stick" to the existing panels (velcro ish perhaps?) to have something that comes out and washes easily.

• Moderators

Well this is the correct one anyway. That is a pretty sweet thing. I might have to purchase this when I got back to security installations.

http://stores.canvasback.com/-strse-139/Subaru-cln--Outback%3CBR%3E2005-dsh-2009/Detail.bok

Let me guess, your going to get that pretty floral one....joking LOL

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Hmm, I like the look of that. Sure would be a lot easier to take out and clean. I wonder what holds it up on the sides? I have a setup that is similar for my wife's mini, but it never seems to stay in place once the dog gets in. Anyone tried one of these yet?

I have a sedan, so mine is a little different. I pulled all the felt out and made a plywood floor that was painted with bedliner. I also added tie-downs so stuff doesn't get mangled when I corner hard.

I haven't tried, though it may work... What if you took the felt stuff out and sprayed on a few coats of either bedliner paint or the flexible bumper paint? If I had a wagon, that's what I would try.

-Clif

Archived