LegacyGT.com

How to Align your headlights! if you don't know now you do.

MiniStiGuy

It is held in place by two large screws which just happened to fit perfectly in the TSX projector and also served to center things. Then, filled gaps with heavy-duty foil tape. On top of that, I bondo'd the whole thing together. After that dried, I applied a coat of JB Weld. Then primer and paint on that.

I am never going to get this apart again....lol. The bondo and JB Weld are incredibly strong...I tried to make it move, and couldn't without breaking something.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I scanned through this thread to see which way to rotate the vertical alignment bolt to go up and didn't see it. Can someone chime in on that? I'm running ion springs and the drop in the front probably warrants an adjustment i think.

Also, OP, great thread, I never new and always wondered why my left headlight seems a little lower than the right, thx!

2013 Ford Taurus SHO

2009 Spec.B SWP Stg 2+ Airboy tuned

2010 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 5.7

Negative. Changing your ride height shouldn't need any readjustment of your headlights, unless your ride height was not changed equally in the front and rear. (change of angle)

Yeah, that is the case with my car. The ion fronts gave me a drop of 7/8" up front and raised the rear almost 1/8" with the HD rear springs.

2013 Ford Taurus SHO

2009 Spec.B SWP Stg 2+ Airboy tuned

2010 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 5.7

• 1 month later...

Okay. Please tell me I don't have to align the lows after a simple bulb swap. Freind got me some silverstar ultras and they are crap beyond 10 feet in front of the car. Tonight, my wife had a blowout and I went to help her thinking, boy, I've got some serious candles now! Wrong. The phillips(H7 55W) that were in there before sucked, but they were better than these. Is it the bulbs(H7 55W)? Alignment? Is there some burn in time?

According to the manual, the alignment process is different (but I guess you know that). What I don't understand is how the clips can go on so easily if the bulbs aren't seated correctly. And what's correctly? With the tab up, down, left, right?

I'm going to re-seat them today and see what happens, but I really don't get a bulb swap meaning a re-alignment.

Okay. I had to put on my reading glasses, but I see now how the flat side of the bulb base has to fit into the bowl. It's crazy that the difference is so small that the clip works either way, but it does. Thanks to those who went before me. This is all pending nightfall when I can actually test them.

Glad that you figured it out.

You're glad? lol. Hell, I was trying to figure out how to shift and hold a flashlight out the window if I hadn't :lol:.

BTW, you seem up on all this stuff. Someone commented I should stay away from silverstars. Any particular reason? I know they're nothing compaired to a retrofit, but they were free and they seem to be twice as good as the OEMs. :confused:

Most people don't like Silverstars becasue they burn out pretty fast. If you were to buy something I'd say don't get them get a HID Kit or something as it will last you much longer and put down more light anyways. Since you got them for free just enjoy that they work better and set some money aside for a kit for when they don't. I might have a kit for sale that you are more than welcome to here shortly.

• 2 weeks later...
I have an 08 legacy and have been wondering if my lights needed to be aligned... but they look like the diagram you made... why does the line have a lower and a higher arc instead of just being a straight line?

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

Greetings from Singapore.bought a second hand angel eyes.. when i hooked it up.. my light(beam) is uneven.. i have tries both knobs to adjust horizontal and vertical but this is the best i can do... i am sure it shouldn't be this case...

anyone can help me out? or do i need to repair these lights?

any sort of help is greatly appreciated..have been posting in my singapore website and its been months and still no reply..

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4067/4540281375_354e1df10f_o.jpg

or if you may allow me to briefly draw it

I have merely shifted the right beam up on the picture,,, but if you put them together it looks like the photo taken...

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4059/4541756521_da045e5c1b_o.jpg

wonder if there was an installation problem as in the projector is faulty? its upside down?? or its due to non HID bulb ? or i need to do some adjustments? coz its a pain to drive in such conditions.. and not that i havent been asking around in singapore for help but apparently, none is able to give me an answer or to rectify.. they only say it should not appear this way..

anyway in my country its a right hand drive..