LegacyGT.com

AC suction O ring -- what size - what type

Last week I thought I fixed the leaking connection on the suction side of the compressor connector. When I installed the new O ring, to me it looked different from the old ring. The old ring looked like it was thicker and more flat, not a normal looking O ring. I considered that the old O ring was probably in there for a while and looked different from when it was first installed.

My wife just called from work and said the AC stopped working and I'm thinking that the O ring was not the correct one and the refrigerant has leaked out.

It is on a 97 Outback. What type and size O ring do I need?

best thing is to take that o-ring to the parts store and just have them match it up. It just has to be made from the green material for a/c sysytems. Doing A/c work professionally, thats all we do is just match up the rings from a large kit we have in the shop.

Ordered a seal kit from the parts store. It is a Factory Air or Four Seasons kit and was on the parts store list. If there isn't one in the bag that looks like what I need then I'll have to pull it and take to match it.

I pulled a vacuum but was busy that day and didn't let the car sit to see if it held. My bad!

best thing is to take that o-ring to the parts store and just have them match it up. It just has to be made from the green material for a/c sysytems. Doing A/c work professionally, thats all we do is just match up the rings from a large kit we have in the shop.

Archived