LegacyGT.com

4th gen LGT

So I have a 2001 3rd gen now. And I am planning on upgrading to a 4th. Due to mine lacking a turbocharger and a manual transmission. Anything I should know about it. Insurance? Also any problems with them? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Problems...none that I know of...;) lol

Read the sticky at the top of this forum. I don't think anybody has had real problems with them.

They are so good I have two 4th gen's.

Oh BTW, are you good with your hands and are a DIY'er ? hint, hint.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I'm a moderate DIY'er. If I can figure out how to work on my LGT myself i will. Also insurance isn't more? Even with the turbo and added hp? I pay $300 every six months for my 01 LGT. Also I am having a lot easier time finding performance parts for the 4th gen then mine. Im looking at some 05's, but this morning a guy I work with, his brother is selling a 2011 LGT Limited/nav/everything with 35k on it for $20k. But I still like the 4th gen Legacy's better. Any thoughts?

No issues or problems.

It's up to you if you want issues or problems.

Drive it like a teenager or go jumping and not changing your fluids. Problems and issue.

Only thing to look or know about are rear wheel bearings and Banjo bolt screen removed or not.

I'm a moderate DIY'er. If I can figure out how to work on my LGT myself i will. Also insurance isn't more? Even with the turbo and added hp? I pay $300 every six months for my 01 LGT. Also I am having a lot easier time finding performance parts for the 4th gen then mine. Im looking at some 05's, but this morning a guy I work with, his brother is selling a 2011 LGT Limited/nav/everything with 35k on it for $20k. But I still like the 4th gen Legacy's better. Any thoughts?

Nah, my wife's Impreza 2.5i is more expensive to insure than my LGT. Your insurance will likely go up slightly with any new car just do to the value, but I wouldn't expect much change.

As for 4th gen vs 5th gen. Aftermarket support is currently much better for 4th gen, probably because its been out longer. 5th gen is a much newer car, so it'll have fewer issues, you've still got a powertrain warranty. 2011 LGT with 35k for $20k sounds like a very good deal, especially if you know he's good about maintenance.

Archived