LegacyGT.com

EZPass mount location?

i just got EZPass. It says to mount it behind the rear-view mirror. Would it be ok to mount it under the dark-part of the windshield right behind the mirror, or do i have to mount it directly onto the clear glass? I would prefer it be behind the dark-part so it's not so visible outside and in. Suggestions?

Mine is mounted under the dark part. It works fine. In fact, its worked even when I've left it in the armrest cubby.

I used to have it so that i couldn't see it at all from the driver seat, it was covered by the mirror. But my windshield cracked and the glass place took it upon themselves to remount it higher.

What is an EZ Pass? :confused:

It's an electronic toll collection transponder. You drive through the toll booth at 20 mph rather than stop and give cash. In wide use in the "Land of the round door knob."

I put mine next to and above the rear view mirror. Here's a pic of the one on my bike.

ezpass.jpg.99555523df604fdbb4adfc1aae2c06db.jpg

Who Dares Wins

スバル

the one's i've seen are different to yours, but work the same way, just wondering, they really tell you to mount it behind the rear view mirror? but anyways, everyone who has it at my place mounts it on the bottom right hand side of the front winshield - that would be bottom left for you guys. but the ones provided by the transport department or watever at our place is white and not orange....

and VVG, that looks like a really packed bike dash...Nav + ezpass

What is an EZ Pass? :confused:

http://www.ezpass.com/

It's awesome. you don't have to wait in line to drop coins at the toll booth. You can laugh and wave at the other tools as you drive by in your separate lane.

Some lanes you don't even have to slow down, you can drive through at 35mph

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

transponder is strong enough that you can leave it in the glovebox

It depends on your locale since the equipment to pickup the signal can vary.

NH they started to fine drivers they catch who hold them and wave them in the air as they drive.

It depends on your locale since the equipment to pickup the signal can vary.

NH they started to fine drivers they catch who hold them and wave them in the air as they drive.Today 07:35 AM

Okay, I'll bite - what kind of reason do they give for making that a violation? I've never seen it posted that you can't do that......unless its in the literature they send out with the EZ-Pass.

Are people allowed to use cell-phones in their cars in NH? Just curious.

The TX Tag, like EZ pass, you don't have to slow down at all, right on under the gate at 70mph

Anyways, it is required to be affixed behind the mirror as well

EZ Pass has speed limits of about 10-20MPH dependant on locale. Note they do clock you and will suspend your EZ pass rights for a period if violate this.

EZ Pass has speed limits of about 10-20MPH dependant on locale. Note they do clock you and will suspend your EZ pass rights for a period if violate this.

Tha really sucks. The speedlimit on the toll road I use, 130, the speed limit is 70. You dont even go through a both, there is just a thing over the road that reads your tag and takes your pictures.

There are booths for cash payers....

Depends on the technology the road/bridge authority uses. On the bridges going to Philadelphia, DRPA wants you to crawl through. Southbound on the Jersey Turnpike you can drive through at 60 or so.

You can also get them to mount on your front license plate. It's black and about the same length of the plate. I actually mounted mine up under the bumper area where its not visible to anyone but still works like a charm.

You can also get them to mount on your front license plate. It's black and about the same length of the plate. I actually mounted mine up under the bumper area where its not visible to anyone but still works like a charm.

Thats what I bought, either the big interior one w/ vlecro to stick up by the mirror, or licenseplate mount. I took the licenseplate mount, I might think about painting it white to match the bumper. you can see it in this pic on my car, where the front plates would go, i couldnt really find a better spot to mount it in front, it was too fat to fit in the upper grill.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/Bbc84/Legacy%20GT/P1060716And16More_tonemapped.jpg

Archived