LegacyGT.com

SRT-4 for a Legacy GT?

seymourless

Hey everyone!

Been lurking around here for a while now. I have decided that I would like to upgrade to an 05-07 Legacy GT Limited. I love my neon, but getting followed by cops and dumbasses trying to race for pink slips on my way to work has gotten old.

I am pretty sure I will look for a manual transmission, although there are a lot of tempting 5eat cars for good prices.

Question: Should I look for a car under 105k or try to find a really good deal on a Legacy GT with over 120k? My neon has 125k on it now, and with routine maintenance it has been perfect. I have found good deals on legacys, but I get scared when the post mentions "super fast" if it is a private seller.

Does anyone have any horror stories of Legacys from a private sale?

Thanks, and here is a picture of my SRT-4!

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/577142_10150982783702095_271808656_n.jpg

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/72822_10150982785502095_1242079434_n.jpg

So I test drove my first Legacy GT....loved it! It was a 5eat and was actually impressed enough to consider a good deal on one. I still want a 5 speed manual and hope to look at one shortly. The only thing that pisses me off is no aux.....I know there is a way around it, but it will be a big adjustment going from bluetooth streaming to nothing until I can get an aux input set up.

So I test drove my first Legacy GT....loved it! It was a 5eat and was actually impressed enough to consider a good deal on one. I still want a 5 speed manual and hope to look at one shortly. The only thing that pisses me off is no aux.....I know there is a way around it, but it will be a big adjustment going from bluetooth streaming to nothing until I can get an aux input set up.

The 5eat sucks up all the power. If you were impressed by it, you'll be blown away by the manual.

Im down in NC shoot me a pm when u get ready to buy. I hit a big chunk of ice a couple weeks ago up in Boone and will be getting a new bumper and undertray put on as soon as my insurance check gets here. As soon as that is done i will be putting it up for sale. I actually listed it on CL the day before i hit the ice but thats just how my luck is...

• 2 weeks later...
Well I just sold my SRT-4. Ive been on the hunt for a while now, but still no luck. I want to find a stock GT. Im even considering a wagon/5eat but not yet. For now a GT has to be a premium manual transmission sedan, not silver or red. Im kind of picky

hey seymourless,

i have a 2005 legacy gt 5eat, i once thought there were no aux options up until last year when i came across this:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/iSimple-ISFM21-Universal-Bluetooth-Transmitter/dp/B005XUEMK6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363084175&sr=8-1&keywords=tranzit+blu]Amazon.com: iSimple ISFM21 TranzIt Universal Bluetooth Enabled FM Transmitter Car Kit for Android Devices, Blue: Car Electronics[/ame]

theres an iphone version too. but this thing is awesome, sound quality is superb for bluetooth streaming and its relatively cheap to install. actually is hardwired in to the radio so its not like that crappy standard fm transmitter from bestbuy. you need an antenna adapter as well but i got everything done at a local audio shop (jo dis in CT) for around 150 for the transmitter, adapter and install. totally worth it! just thought you should know. also, it doesnt require any taking apart of the radio unit itself like that silent cd mod r w/e does, so you can always remove it. theres a wired version as well that can use any standard headphone jack

also the 5eat is a great transmission, i definitely dont want to make it a manual vs auto thread again. but the manu matic works well and to have the flexibility as a daily driver not to have to worry about being stuck in traffic with a clutch is a definite plus.

also the 5eat is a great transmission, i definitely dont want to make it a manual vs auto thread again. but the manu matic works well and to have the flexibility as a daily driver not to have to worry about being stuck in traffic with a clutch is a definite plus.

You read my mind! That style transmitter is exactly what I will get.

As for manual vs auto, I've only been able to test drive an auto. I feel like I might miss some good 5eat car opportunities since I am holding out for a manual even without driving one yet. I found the 5eat to shift surprisingly nice, so we will see.

Archived