LegacyGT.com

Want to buy 2005 GT wagon?

baby-j

Im looking to buy a 2005 lgt wagon. There are 2 im looking at, one is a 2005 lgt no leather or sun roof 5spd with 94k's the other one is an 2005 leather sun roof 5spd with 140k's. I really want the roof one but not sure bout the k's? What should i do ?or should i settle for an auto instead found a few more of those.http://legacygt.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

didn't know they made gt wagons with no leather or a sunroof, assumed they came with it, double check and make sure its a gt.

i have a manual wagon, and almost bought an automatic. if you can find a manual with the clutch, tranny, etc in good condition, definitely give it a go.

There as reliable as... how much you take care of them.

My 05GT 5 speed wagon has had the tranny rebuilt 3 times. I have 128,000 miles on the OEM turbo.

Check the sticky at the top of the 05-09 forum.

There is also another thread I think in the news and roumors forum with the number of each produced. I have one of 108 made.

When I bought my 05 GT in June 04 I didn't want a Limited because my 2 previous GT's had leaking sunroofs. I would have liked the powerseat and may be leather but didn't want to deal with the leaks. So I chose a non-limited.

They are a fun car, kind of a bang for the buck thing.

Would I buy another one...Real hard to say. I know where this has been and I plan to keep it for a while. I'm saving up to rebuild the engine and tranny someday. It's that bang for the buck thing. I'm only at 16psi with a good clutch, the car is fun to drive. It will spin the tires when rolling into it in first gear sometimes. Did it last night pulling out in traffic, I don't think many family cars will do that.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I have a GT LTD wagon with 5EAT. She has 110k on it and doing great. I had some head gasket issues about 30k ago and all is good for now. I love the car! If they have been taken care of they're great. Every car is going to have issues and there are bad apples in every bunch. You don't know if you don't go.
BE committed to DO what it takes to HAVE more of what you want in your life!!!

I have an LGT wagon (2005) no leather, no sunroof, 5 speed, which is the lightest 2005 wagon made. I ordered it.:lol:
"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

There were two versions of the legacy gt wagon. The limited came with leather heated seats and sunroof. The plain came without. I dont believed the plain had heated seats either...

As far as what to be worried about.. It's a turbo car, so there is that... Run a vin check with your local scoobaru dealer, or someone here can tell you.. If it was serviced with a subaru dealer you will get all the nitty gritty's of what was replaced and why... You want to see if the 30-60-90k, etc services were done.

Also run a vin check with carfax or equivalent.

I have a red limited 5mt wagon, and love it! The 5 speed was only made in 2005, and they are very rare.. that being said, Im not sure the car will become a collector or anything, but you never know!

Mine is an 05 non-limited with 5eat and heated cloth seats and no sun roof. Only has 69,000 and has had no major problems ( knock on wood). Agree that it is light w/o the leather and sun roof. I was told that it saved 400 lbs.....??? Also has the push botton shift on the steering wheel

OP- where in Canada are you? I'm interested in seeing what the used prices are posted at in your area.

The Americans here will likely flip out when they find out we are still selling used 2005 or 2006 LGTs up here for upwards of $20K. :lol:

Mind you that's for a Vancouver car which doesn't see road salt.

So its safe to say if the the car has been maintained well its worth for me to buy one? I have a nissan sentra spec v 6spd im wondering if i should go auto or stick? i just want a reliable car my spec v havent had any issues i just need a bigger car and love the way lgt wagon looks!

So its safe to say if the the car has been maintained well its worth for me to buy one? I have a nissan sentra spec v 6spd im wondering if i should go auto or stick? i just want a reliable car my spec v havent had any issues i just need a bigger car and love the way lgt wagon looks!

Stick:)

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Archived