LegacyGT.com

I want a dvd player in my car! (HELP)

some people can't search for shit

Way to add something constructive to the thread.:rolleyes:

There actually isn't a lot to search on because not many people have done this, I have however. The only location you have to place an aftermarket deck is in the cubby. You could buy HCA's custom dash piece for I believe its 800$ but its a fortune for the piece and that would be the only way you could retain your gauges in the cubby and add an aftermarket deck. If you are interested in placing your screen up high in the cubby you don't have to buy the avo trim piece for the cubby, I didn't and dremmelled my dash piece that surrounds the cubby. You will need the avo dash piece to move your trip computer down low however. Also you will have to cut the plastic that is behind the cubby after you remove it to have enough depth for an aftermarket deck to fit if you use the cubby. Basically, there is no easy/cheap way to put an aftermarket deck in. I managed to put mine if for very cheap, but I did all the labor myself and it took 6 weekends to complete. If you have questions or want to see pics let me know....

attachment.php?attachmentid=48798&d=1203205659

SEARCH "dash kit" in "Interior Forums"

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/search.php?searchid=3963435

SEARCH "dvd player" in "Interior Forums"

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/search.php?searchid=3963456

Exactly. I do not mind if people ask n00b questions if they appear somewhat informed or appear to have tried.

Say my Car PC thread I do not mind giving specifics or details or for instance in the last day I emailed 3 people my Subaru Logos. But occasionally someone will ask - "How do you install the car pc" ? I understand there are 1000 posts, but damn it ALL the INFO one ever needs about Car PCs in Subaru Legacy is in ONE thread which is sticky in teh Interior Forums. How idiotic is that? I especially love it when they ask for help because they were too lazy to filter thru the entire thread !

Archived