LegacyGT.com

eBay Spoiler?

keithk831

Preface: IMO those wings are totally RICEY and I hate them but...

Blow molded ABS? Should be alright for a wing, particularly since they have it "finished"... I am assuming that they have trimmed any flash and cleaned it up perfectly before they spray it with a factory color... I don't know if I would want to pay $110 and THEN try to clean it up and paint it... I would expect to pay $60+ just to get the wing painted at a shop (if just painting the once piece).

110 shipped is pretty damn cheap if you are having sti wing envy.

Blow molded ABS? Should be alright for a wing, particularly since they have it "finished"... I am assuming that they have trimmed any flash and cleaned it up perfectly before they spray it with a factory color... I don't know if I would want to pay $110 and THEN try to clean it up and paint it... I would expect to pay $60+ just to get the wing painted at a shop (if just painting the once piece).

It's just like the factory spoiler. Not even close to the STi wing.

Hope you're ready to get flamed by the spoiler guys :lol:

It's just like the factory spoiler. Not even close to the STi wing. Hope you're ready to get flamed by the spoiler guys :lol:

The spoiler guys are a bit ricey, thats fine. I am sure they can learn to eat their rice! (I am terrified that they may flame me for my opinion that a wing belongs on an AIRPLANE or in the RICE forum instead of a LGT.)

EDIT: If you post in WTB someone in your area may have the same color car with a wing (and would rather be wingless) and you could trade trunk panels for free.

• 2 weeks later...
if u want a spoiler just swap trunk lids with someone who with your same color who wants a wingless trunk and save the hundo.

Unfortunately, there isn't anyone around here who wants to swap. In fact, there's a local member who has been trying to swap for quite a while now. So we're both in the same boat. :spin:

ricey? omg your on crack! its oem style! people throw the word rice on just about anything! :spin:

screw this im going to get some rice now! im hungry!

ricey? omg your on crack! its oem style! people throw the word rice on just about anything! :spin:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, even those smoking crack! RICEY because a wing on a LGT is well, edible with sashimi. Just because something is OEM style does not magically make it more desireable and attractive to all.:cool: Welcome to the wonderful world of "all-go/no-show".

EDIT: Dont even get me started on the funky rear bumper with the inserts :lol:

I'd be skeptical of any company too lazy to provide pictures of their product. The pic in their ad is a stock Subaru on a dealer's lot. It is NOT their product.

Reputable online retailers should include multiple pictures of each product from different viewpoints. Then we see the actual product and not just something similar.

It's just laziness on their part.

^ Aren't those just a cheap piece of rubber? Got a link?

Its polyurethane foam, with a coat of something on it so it can be painted. obviously it's no real authentic m3 spoiler. Just search legacy gt trunk spoiler on ebay. I think it came to 25 bux shipped. unpainted.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, even those smoking crack! RICEY because a wing on a LGT is well, edible with sashimi. Just because something is OEM style does not magically make it more desireable and attractive to all.:cool: Welcome to the wonderful world of "all-go/no-show".

EDIT: Dont even get me started on the funky rear bumper with the inserts :lol:

Based on your definition, then, the LGT hood scoop is ricey. So are the 45% profile tires. And the turn signal mirrors. And the turbo, since "there is no replacement for displacement". Ricers drive 4-cyl cars, right?

:confused::spin::confused::spin::confused:

To each his own, but I think you need to change your views to a more mainstream view of what "rice" is before you go calling our car's OEM spoiler ricey. Post some pics of your car and i'll point out everything that's ricey with yours. In fact, post a future mod list as well! :lol:

I'm just trying to figure out how something that looks nearly identical to a stock Toyota Camry is "rice" :lol:

I wish I had my old phone as I had a few pictures on it, but I (with an 05 Silver LGT) parked next to a Silver Camry and took a few pictures. I removed the logos and asked people guess which car was the Camry. 75% picked the Legacy :lol:

I'm just trying to figure out how something that looks nearly identical to a stock Toyota Camry is "rice" :lol:

I wish I had my old phone as I had a few pictures on it, but I (with an 05 Silver LGT) parked next to a Silver Camry and took a few pictures. I removed the logos and asked people guess which car was the Camry. 75% picked the Legacy :lol:

Yeah, there are two blue Camrys in my apartment complex (same color) that are almost the same as ABP. One has a spoiler, and it looks just like the LGT spoiler.

Based on your definition, then, the LGT hood scoop is ricey. So are the 45% profile tires. And the turn signal mirrors. And the turbo, since "there is no replacement for displacement". Ricers drive 4-cyl cars, right?

To each his own, but I think you need to change your views to a more mainstream view of what "rice" is before you go calling our car's OEM spoiler ricey. Post some pics of your car and i'll point out everything that's ricey with yours. In fact, post a future mod list as well! :lol:

KeithK, dont act all butt-hurt because another member thinks you are ricey.:lol: Low profile tires are more common on suv's than cars these days so they CANT be ricey. Turn signal mirrors are more of a euro thing than ricey. A functional hood scoop IS ricey when it is big enough to house migrant families like earlier model WRX but not so much for an LGT. It can't be ricey when everyone thinks a LGT is a toyota Camry or Honda Accord.

Anyway if you read my build thread you would see I am an ALL GO / NO SHOW kinda guy.

your slotted rotters are rice! they DO NOTHING for performance!

My stock rotors were shot and DBA4000 only come slotted or drilled.;) Upgrading brakes when you are stage 2 and break from 100+ isnt rice, its SMART. If you think DBA4000 rotors do nothing for performance, I invite you to break repeatedly from over 100. Painting OEM calipers to bring attention to my DBA4000 would definately be RICE. My calipers are OEM:lol:

Archived