LegacyGT.com

Anyone ever have this problem?

I tried searching before this, couldn't find anything of relevance, so I made a quick video of my problem.

Error SS, CEL, and flashing Cruise lights on

Idling at 275-500 RPMs

Shifter seems to be shaking? Never occurred before?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TANUZfawMk4]05 Subaru legacy gt error ss - YouTube[/ame]

During the replacing of my lower control arms that were bad, a steering knuckle was broken. That was ordered and replaced and after it was installed I acquired these problems. I did some reading and figured it would be the speed sensor that needed replaced, as it may have been damaged during the steering knuckle replacement. I ordered that part and replaced it, and everything was fine, but while on my way home from my buddies shop the lights popped back on. So I went to a local Subaru stealership and they told me and my friend that it was the hub that must have been tampered with somehow, making the VSS misread? They told me they had the part in stock, $160. F that. Went home and my friend found it for 82 dollars, so hopefully this will fix it? Just seeing if anyone has any input as to what is going on?

Also I think it is running in closed loop? I cant go past 4K RPMs in any gear, and I'm getting some shit ass gas mileage. The first time it happened I about crapped myself I thought I blew something up.

Archived