LegacyGT.com

funny encounter with local service department

client of mine takes her forrester to farrish in fairfax. she had several issues that needed to be taken care of including an inspection. the inspector was going to fail her because one of her fog lights which she never uses had a crack on the lens.

she asked how much it was going to cost to replace it. they told her parts and labor around $240. she flipped. said "no way will I pay $240 for a light I don't use nor know how to turn on." (she's a little loopy:rolleyes:). they stated it would be dangerous not to replace it, that she needed the fog lights in fog conditions.

her reponse was: "well, what do owners of other forresters do in fog conditions who don't have the foglights installed in their cars?" she said their look was priceless. they had no idea how to respond.

she than said: "how much to remove the whole thing?" they said $50 labor. she response: "take them off! I never used them nor will I ever!" again they had no idea how to respond because no one had ever asked them to do it before.

I gave her a pat on the back for sticking it to the service department:lol:

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Foglights , one of the most overrated, misused items on modern cars. IMO

What do you mean. Look at all of the Camaro and TransAm owners out there driving around with their hi-haired girlfriends that have their fogs on all the time (Best time to have fogs on is around 6:00pm on a summer night or noon any day) They light them up just in case we are hit with a flash fog. After that they will be the only ones left to re-populate the earth......

What do you mean. Look at all of the Camaro and TransAm owners out there driving around with their hi-haired girlfriends that have their fogs on all the time (Best time to have fogs on is around 6:00pm on a summer night or noon any day) They light them up just in case we are hit with a flash fog. After that they will be the only ones left to re-populate the earth......

I think you get the idea.:rolleyes:

Archived