LegacyGT.com

No spark help please

i have a 05 legacy 2.5i, its the 2.5sohc, and i have no spark, cheaked all fuses and changed out coil and crank sensor, still no start, in the fuse pannel under the dash it has a sticker that says ig coil fuse on side of relay, cheaked every fuse, all good, also alldata says there is a main relay that comes before all of it, replaced that too, still no spark, no power from red wire the power wire for coil

Wish I could be of help. Does your car have coil pack(s) up top or directly on the plugs?

Have you traced all wires and looked for fusible links?

2.5i so single coil pack. Since there is no spark at all it suggest crank sensor but that is new and still no spark so something upstream, no juice off hot wire then im scratching :confused:

You've checked the fuses labeled SBF in the engine bay fuse box? I'm having a very hard time finding which SBF fuse controls what, so I would just check them all if you already haven't done so.

*It looks like SBF-7 could specifically be the one that is bad after attempting to decipher the engine wiring diagram, so I would check that one first. If SBF 7 is good, I would still check the other SBF's to be safe.

slowblowfuses.jpg.cd0aeadd8454613094fe7900caa51aa7.jpg

yes, i just put all new, cuz i had a bunch laying around, so new thing,,,, i just made a jumper wire over to the coil and spliced into the power wire that goes to the coil, still no spark, so this goes back far, its not getting any signal to spark, so maybe ecu? if the cam sensor was junk it still would run right? and if the crank sensor was bad it would pro do this, and just thinking, ive got bad new ones before, are they comonto go bad on subarus?

yes, i just put all new, cuz i had a bunch laying around, so new thing,,,, i just made a jumper wire over to the coil and spliced into the power wire that goes to the coil, still no spark, so this goes back far, its not getting any signal to spark, so maybe ecu? if the cam sensor was junk it still would run right? and if the crank sensor was bad it would pro do this, and just thinking, ive got bad new ones before, are they comonto go bad on subarus?

I found this along with several other diagrams in my special manual :) If you want all the starter, FP, and related ones let me know ill post them up for you.

1080266209_ignitionwiring.thumb.jpg.da0305c0e2c754186f47c8e9931ec230.jpg

Just out of curiosity when did all of this start? Did you just try to start the car one day and it wouldn't start? I would check cam sensor as suggested earlier of you haven't already done so.

• 4 months later...

I'm having the same inter instant problem. The car cranks fine. From time to time it will not start. New, crank sensor, new main relay, I even had to make a new key the other day because the lock would not turn.

Things to check

Key lock out system. Security

Any fuses or relays , I would remove them and reset them. Also maybe replace relays, the contacts can get worn, just like a starter solenoid.

Also unplug the cone tours and add som dielectric grease to them.

The other day when my car would not start (cranks but no fire) I unplugged the main harness on the motor and added some grease then it started right up.

Archived