LegacyGT.com

Official 5th Generation Suspension Thread

Perfect, thanks. Will I need any camber kits or anything?

Probably not. Though a lot of us are finding the stock bushings to be pathetically soft.

Whiteline has a front roll center kit and a rear camber correction kit if necessary. I purchased but didn't install the kits on mine before swapping to KWv3's. It needs them. The camber is actually fine, but the bushings are just soooo soft...

Full extension of OEM front shocks is 21", full compression is 14.5" (I think). I have the measurements at home. This is from bottom of strut housing (not bottom bolt hole) to top of shaft shoulder below the threaded section.

Also have a set of rears our of a car at home that I can measure if you would like.

FWIW, the Koni front inserts are 20.5" at full extension and 13.25" at full compression, measurements taken the same as OEM but with Koni fully inserted into strut housing.

Full extension of OEM front shocks is 21", full compression is 14.5" (I think). I have the measurements at home. This is from bottom of strut housing (not bottom bolt hole) to top of shaft shoulder below the threaded section.

Also have a set of rears our of a car at home that I can measure if you would like.

FWIW, the Koni front inserts are 20.5" at full extension and 13.25" at full compression, measurements taken the same as OEM but with Koni fully inserted into strut housing.

appreciate that sir. if you wouldn't mind measuring the rears it would be highly appreciated.

Okay, if you don't get some numbers from me in a day or 2, bug me about it. :lol:

sounds good man, thanks.

on another note, i don't really want to own like 4 sets of springs, so what's everyone running as far as coilover spring lenghts? "What they came with" does not help me too much. the deal is i'm getting custom coilovers and due to the lack of data on the car there may or may not be a lot of trial and error.

This is becoming a headache. I'm beginning to think this isn't worth it anymore...

Okay, the dimensions I gave you earlier from memory for the fronts were slightly off. Here are the correct ones, but the Koni front inserts do give an additional 1.25" of compression travel over OEM in the front.

Front dimensions were taken from the bottom of the strut body (not the lower bolt hole) to the shoulder below the threaded section at the top of the shock shaft. Bump stops were removed and are not taken into account.

OEM

Full extension 21"

Full compression 14.75"

Koni Insert

Full extension 20.5"

Full compression 13.5"

Rear dimensions were taken from the center of the eye of the lower shock mounting point to the LCA to the top of the shoulder (bulge) below the threaded section at the top of the shock shaft. Bump stops were removed and are not taken into account. These dimensions are probably +/- 0.25" as I did not have an extra set of hands around to hold the measuring tape while I was holding a level and the shock fully extended or compressed, and as you know the spring perch requires taking the measurement off to the side a little.

OEM

Full extension 17"

Full compression 11.5"

Koni

measurements not taken before they were installed, but appeared identical to OEM.

Edited by GTEASER

Any reason to not go with the Firestone Life time alignment plan for $180? I finally pulled the trigger on having my coils built and in 3-8 weeks they will be here.

Ask if they are still offering the lifetime alignment for $160. I got this on my SUV and then my LGT a few months later for the same price, just by asking. Great deal!