1. 1. How fast do you drive on interstate type highways

• 55 mph
    • 60 mph
    • 65 mph
    • 70 mph
    • 75 mph
    • 80 mph
    • 85+

So you didn't take it to court? I got a ticket for 8 over and the judge rolled his eyes mumbled something about his time being wasted and dismissed it. I guess it depends on where you live.

Lol. I went to court. Spoke to the judge. He laughed, asked where my lawyer was, and then just said to pay the ticket.

Then he said something to me about using language like that in his court room would get me thrown in jail for contempt of court.

Good thing he didn't hear what I was saying about his mom as I left the court room. :eek:

I still say 2mph over is questionable, stupid pigs.

2mph cost like $278. sucks.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? You have to pay to play (even at a measly 2 MPH). $278 sounds way steep to me. Did you have any other tickets or "problems" at the same time?

On a side note, my insurance agent said that cops in my area have been cracking down for this (1-3 MPH over) because they are lacking funds.

on I-270 here in Maryland, there is a section of highway that is 55mph with 5-6 lanes and a section that is 65mph with 2 lanes.

im usually always going 80mph consistently in the left lane

There's no way 2mph over cost you $278..

Last ticket I got was 2yrs ago doing 50mph in a 35mph zone and that ticket was around $100.

I'll mail you the bill next time. It actually cost almost the same as one I got for going 25mph over. Our toll roads are privately owned, yet publicly patrolled. First cop I saw cought me doing 95 in a 70. I was speeding on purpose then, unlike the other times.

That's life. Our toll roads are going up to 85mph soon, which is awesome!

Edited by YourConfused
spelling

I'll mail you the bill next time. It actually cost almost the same as one I got for going 25mph over. Our toll roads are privately owned, yet publicly patrolled. First cop I saw bought me doing 95 in a 70. I was speeding on purpose then, unlike ether other times.

That's life. Our toll roads are going up to 85mph soon, which is awesome.

I can't wait! I live in Houston and am going to make my every 6 month trip to A-town when this happens. I am looking forward to being able to drive on a road that I'm going to be largely legal driving.

Yeah, if the judge said not to use that kind of language in his courtroom, chances are he was being an asshole.

I entered the court room all nice and polite, but after the judge condesendingly laughed at me and asked me where my lawyer was my mood changed quickly.

That's not the first time recently I was told by a judge that I needed to hire a attourney to accomplish something legally which was a blatant lie. (Recently the courthouse misfiled some paperwork that resulted in multiple felony warrants for my arrest, making me miss work and spend 3 days in jail. When I was released all charges were dropped but my liscense was suspended because of the charges. Court told me to hire a lawyer to get my liscense back.... I got it back myslef without spending a dime on an attourney, courtary to what I was told by the judge)

I don't care to have people lie to me in an effort to take advantage of me. (hahaha. this isn't coming out the way I had intended)

So I did call my regular lawyer and was told that the judge was just an asshat that was full of himself, but that it was still cheaper to just pay the fine than to hire legal representation. The judge obviously knows this which would explain why he laughed like a pompus cnt and asked where my lawyer was.

So, I am a huge asshole when provoked. I know this.

(I later payed my ticket online cause I know I am an asshole sometimes)

Edited by YourConfused

There's no way 2mph over cost you $278..

Last ticket I got was 2yrs ago doing 50mph in a 35mph zone and that ticket was around $100.

Something crazy here in TX is some of the fines and court fees they charge people. My GF had to pay just under $900 for a speeding ticket and expired registration while only going 12 mph over. You would would think she was caught going llike 50 over for a fine like that!?

I didn't believe it, but one can't call ones GF a liar and think that winning the argument would be worth the trouble in the long run.:redface: I now believe how it could be possible, as corrupt as it is.

Sorry for going off topic repeatedly.

Did I mention the soon to be 85mph speed limit here on the toll roads and the limit for taking defensive driving has been increased to 25mph!!! So I can do 109 and take defensive driving! NICE!!! I will soon have a great place to perform 3rd gear pulls for tuning without fear of stupid crazy expensive fines. (so long as I only get busted once a year)

Edited by YourConfused
ot

Don't forget, here in Texas getting a Ticket for Speeding, Traffic Light, Stop Sign, Expired Registration or No Insurance results in a Surcharge every year for two years. My dad got a speeding ticket in 2006 when we moved to Texas. Paid $260 for it. In 2007 and 2008 he got a Surcharge for 144.85 for that ticket. The clerk he spoke with when he paid it said it was a program use to discourage people from getting traffic fines.

Man, I am glad I don't live in TX.

Fine for 19 over in MD was $90, and I went to court and got PBJ, so no points FTW! But now I have to drive 9 over all the time until next March... :(

PBJ? Is that North Carolina?

• I Donated
PBJ? Is that North Carolina?

PBJ = Probation Before Judgement. Basically, you go to court and the judge throws out the points, as long as you don't get a ticket within the next year (I think -- it might also be six months), but you still have to pay the fine. I got PBJ when I got a ticket in 2007, and again when I got on at the end of 2011. Both times, almost everyone in the courtroom got PBJ. I think Maryland is the only state that has it.

Basically, in MD, they don't care about the points if you're small-time, they just care about the revenue. :lol: But apparently, they don't care about the revenue as much as in TX.

PBJ = Probation Before Judgement. Basically, you go to court and the judge throws out the points, as long as you don't get a ticket within the next year (I think -- it might also be six months), but you still have to pay the fine. I got PBJ when I got a ticket in 2007, and again when I got on at the end of 2011. Both times, almost everyone in the courtroom got PBJ. I think Maryland is the only state that has it.

Basically, in MD, they don't care about the points if you're small-time, they just care about the revenue. :lol: But apparently, they don't care about the revenue as much as in TX.

In Texas, the larger cities give you that option. In smaller towns, its more difficult. Speeding on urban highways is easy, quick and fun. Speeding on rural roads is risky. Generally, I wouldn't travel more than 8 over on rural highways as a rule. Of course, I might burst to a higher speed, but cruise at more than 82 mph in a 75 mph zone and you are fair game.