Official: Utah Chat Thread - VOL 2

Hops

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How many miles you got on that stock clutch? Mine was wasted before 30K and now he second one is gone at 60K. :lol:

I think the miles per clutch ratio is proportional to how much hoonigan fun you are having when you drive you car :lol:. Over 103k miles on my stock clutch. Probably over 40k on well above stock power levels. I'd start launching off the line everywhere I go to finish it off but my priority right now is doing my timing belt. Then the KWs will go on. Then I can probably start thinking about the clutch.

So are you doing Audi Pearl White on your Audi and your Legacy?

Mmmmmmm KWs...

My wagon made it to 130k on original clutch and it's still on the original turbo at 155k. But I experienced a small boost leak last night, so now I gotta find that.

Audi is staying "Bamboo"; I want to keep it as original as possible. Just has some rust spots and it's been spot painted before so a whole repaint is necessary.

Went ahead and clay barred, compounded, polished, and waxed the vette, feels good man.

Thinking about what needs done on the Legacy , I think i'm going to replace the coilovers with the koni yellow + h&r setup, want a softer ride, hah.

also , any suggestions on wagon exhausts? this magnaflow one is drone-y, and thats with the stock DP , I hear people say good things on the HKS Silent Hi-Power? trying to figure out if that has a wagon fitment.

_DSC0194.thumb.jpg.fc7a3ab2e04357d45d63c72eb829f371.jpg

_DSC0110.thumb.jpg.f3d035f24523f5c005120b3f931317fe.jpg

_DSC0142.thumb.jpg.f862162b4d02f181294d7eb8b1100d69.jpg

_DSC0204.thumb.jpg.3bf38053c299f48f580af8b47010ec78.jpg

The HKS is cool, but definitely not silent. Not sure if there is wagon fitment. The nice exhausts that fit well, fit wagons, and sound awesome are all the pricier ones. I had GReddy EVO2s on my old wagon. Loud but sounded great and looked awesome. My favorite is the Stromung, which I have on both my Legacys. Very hard to find, but worth the search. Clean sound and much quieter than anything I've had. My wagon came with Ividia exhaust, which I wasn't a huge fan of, although I like a lot of other Invidia parts. You may want to check out Japanparts.com if you're up for spending big bucks on a JDM cat-back, but the tips won't stick out far enough for USDM bumpers.

The vette looks hawt. You should bring it on a canyon run!

The HKS is cool, but definitely not silent. Not sure if there is wagon fitment. The nice exhausts that fit well, fit wagons, and sound awesome are all the pricier ones. I had GReddy EVO2s on my old wagon. Loud but sounded great and looked awesome. My favorite is the Stromung, which I have on both my Legacys. Very hard to find, but worth the search. Clean sound and much quieter than anything I've had. My wagon came with Ividia exhaust, which I wasn't a huge fan of, although I like a lot of other Invidia parts. You may want to check out Japanparts.com if you're up for spending big bucks on a JDM cat-back, but the tips won't stick out far enough for USDM bumpers.

The vette looks hawt. You should bring it on a canyon run!

ugh , okay , I hadn't realized how much a difference between the wagon and sedan were, with how the enclosed trunk helps quite a bit with the noise, and obviously the fitment. I had thought maybe I could do stock y pipe + nameless 5in mufflers, but i keep hearing that they don't really muffle anything. Yeah , I don't wanna have to spend big money on exhaust at the moment, its still supposed to be my "winter beater" and I thought there might have been an easy one to get :spin:. Stromungss are <3 tho , but I'm assuming the wagon fitment one are even more a needle in a haystack than the sedan?

And yeah!the vette is fun , intake exhaust and tune and it gained 40hp over stock , it makes 387whp 380wtq

I've only done a canyon run once or twice before, but I had a lot of fun.

Edited by Covious

I bought the Invidia N1 dual exhaust from an 08 sedan and took it to a shop in Kaysville and had them fabricate it to fit on my 05 wagon. It was louder than my stock exhaust, but that is exactly what I was looking for. Now I have to save up so I can give my new Suby the same treatment.

Yeah, wagon Stromungs are incredibly rare. I think less than 20 were made.

Gotta love those LS motors! I want to put one in my '98 Outback...

hmmm , yeah, I wonder what the pricing on them nowadays is , for either.. There's one up for sale for 900, and I think thats what they've been hanging around for a while. I'm not SUPER worried about it sitting back in the bumper a bit, but it would be a nice thing for something that fit right

I bought the Invidia N1 dual exhaust from an 08 sedan and took it to a shop in Kaysville and had them fabricate it to fit on my 05 wagon. It was louder than my stock exhaust, but that is exactly what I was looking for. Now I have to save up so I can give my new Suby the same treatment.

oh lol , yeah , I just found the YT video of it. I might have to try finding something used and modify it.

• 4 weeks later...
Lies I did not find any. mostly cuz I have no money. I am kinda waiting for legit to go kw so I can by his old set up.

Amen to that , without money , things don't tend to get anywhere

I can pull my front struts off my donor car for you. Granted I live in Boise, could meet you in twin falls Wed or Thursday evening if you'd like.

Thanks for the offer, but I couldn't swing it , my work starts at 6:45PM

Luckily , Chad was able to get me most the way there, I now have a front right strut, so only gotta find a left one now

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry about this but I'm going bring up emissions again. I totally screwed myself thinking I could get away with it again since past years I've been pretty lucky and had always passed. Well this time I got the dreaded tampering on my catalyst and for some reason on EGR :confused:. They knew my '05 should have 3 cats- usually it seems like nobody knows that. Now I'm imagining all the hell I will have to go through to get it registered. Apparently I'll have to go deal with the jackasses down at the health dept. Remembering the experience Covious had a while back I'm assuming that even if I put my stock up and downpipe back on, they will check cat readiness so now I have to figure out how to get around that with my tune. I'm not sure if I can get a tune that will look like a factory tune and work with the cats.

What really sucks is that I don't think I can just switch back to pump 91 and flash the stock tune since fueling would be so off with my 850cc injectors that I don't know if it would even run (or may run rich as hell and cause issues/damage even if I just try to limp it). Am I going to have to swap back to stock injectors too? I think I need to have a discussion with my tuner but this really sucks.:mad: Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.