LegacyGT.com

98 Front Brake Issue

fishnbass2

On my 98 Legacy GT i have noticed that the front brakes seem to be doing all the work. Turned rotors on front about 6 months ago and flushed brake lines and changed fluid. All has been bled good but the front wheels are covered in dust bad and the rotors need turning again already and its not from aggressive driving. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Most vehicles do the significant portion of their braking with the front axle. I'm running Hawk HPS pads on my '06, and will notice the fronts gather brake dust a lot quicker than the rear, as expected.

6 months seems a little quick to need to re-turn the rotors. Have you checked to make sure the calipers are not dragging up front? Is the MC good (applying pressure to both circuits as it should)? I'm not sure if the 98 has a mechanical proportioning valve or not, but those can stick. Worth looking into. Are you using the same type of pad F/R?

If the pads are not dragging, then it's either normal wear for whatever reason, or there's another mechanical issue. If you suspect another mechanical fault and are not able/comfortable with diagnosing or repairing on your own, I suggest you have a shop look at it.

Archived