LegacyGT.com

Kumho Ecsta 4x

SpecB.08

Need new tires for the 08 Legacy Spec.B and have done a fair amount of research (price, reviews, warranty, etc.). I've narrowed down the search and looks like these are the front runners:

Kumho Ecsta 4x

215/45/R18

Anyone bought a set of these and/or have some feedback?

i got the same model, but in 225/40/18... silent ride...

got it last week in tireack shipped for $520 which does not include the $50 rebate.

I bought the car used and it currently has 225/40/18, although I was thinking to go with the OEM size.

What made you choose the alternate?

They are mediocre. You are in Georgia, why not get a summer tire?

We get at least ONE heavy frost here is South GA each year. :lol:

Recommend any summer tire that has a good warranty, cost, etc?

Had the 4x for ~10k miles and drove through ONE heavy snow (the day they were installed). Otherwise lot of highway and backroad.

Great, great tire in all aspects. Very quiet, competent and confident handling, great snow, wet, and hydroplaning traction. Smooth ride quality. Just surprisingly good for the price all around.

With your weather, I would consider an inexpensive summer tire as well like the sumitomo HTZ III. You'll get all of the above with slightly better dry and wet traction

the new toyo proxes R1R's are out and i have a set my self. extreme performance summer at a good price, 4 for $660

get them in 225/40/18

here-

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Toyo&tireModel=Proxes+R1R&partnum=24WR8PR1R&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

I found a local place which sells for $10 over cost. They quoted me $642 all in for the Kumho's. I'll check with them on Monday for the toyo proxes and let you know.

I got these tires on 4/10/12. So far I like it, it hugs the road in the dry or wet pavement. Sullivan tire matched and beat the tirerack prices. I got everything including the protection plan for $765.21 (488 tires, 36 tpms service, wheel balance 56, protection 136, and 16 disposal.

Archived