LegacyGT.com

Ran over a ROCK!!

I was driving on my way back last nite on the highway and i ran over a rock the size of 2 fist. bent 2 wheels and 2 flat tires. scratched front bumper, and flooring. the question is. this is a leased car. should i get it done at a independent repair shop or bring it to the subaru dealership. I was told by the repair shop that if i bring it to the dealership. they might bill me for damages when i bring the car in at the end of the lease. This is going through insurance because i got a quote for over $1500 for parts and labor. They said I might need a wheel alignment since it looks like the control arm for damaged too! anyways, just my luck. any suggestions what i should do? before i make my decisions.

Thanks

RHL

any suggestions what i should do?

Don't hit rocks again! :lol:

Just kidding. Sorry to hear about this. Not sure what advice to give you as I've never leased a car before and am not familiar with them charging you for damage.

Thanks guys! guess ill just go with the repair shop that the car is at right now. I hate the down time that comes with repairs...looks like i wont get it back till next week. they quoted me 200 each for tires and 350 each for the wheels x 2. so yea looks pretty bad. ROCKS are evil!!

RHL

I was driving on my way back last nite on the highway and i ran over a rock the size of 2 fist. bent 2 wheels and 2 flat tires. scratched front bumper, and flooring. the question is. this is a leased car. should i get it done at a independent repair shop or bring it to the subaru dealership. I was told by the repair shop that if i bring it to the dealership. they might bill me for damages when i bring the car in at the end of the lease. This is going through insurance because i got a quote for over $1500 for parts and labor. They said I might need a wheel alignment since it looks like the control arm for damaged too! anyways, just my luck. any suggestions what i should do? before i make my decisions.

Thanks

RHL

ran over a hard hat doing 60 or so. afaik the gt is still fine.

Archived