LegacyGT.com

LGT Round 2 Long again... Maybe Rant

Ok folks, some of you read my other post I put up the day I bought my 2005 LGT.. The CEL was on and the Cruise was flashing. The car had fallen on its face once while trying to enter an intersection and would not go.. Welll 2 weeks at the dealer and they replace the Booster( still havent gotten the code) there was a lean run code and apparently the booster was leaking.. Funny is the y JUST replaced the master cylinder when the car came in..

Ok well I get the car home, all seemed well save for a burning oil smell. I searched and deemed it as an oil spillover while changing it, something else they had done when it came into the shop.

Well since then I have driven the car 2x once to work after the snow had cleared( early last week) and today. Last week, the oil odor was more prevelant after I climbed the mountain to work( sustained RPM likely boost as well) Again figured, oil seep form change. Other than slight hesitation that I charged off as lag the car seemed fine.

Well today I drive the car to work, same mountain same drive style. The oil smell was a bit more prevalant. I called into the shop to get the car back in as I was beginning to think things werent right. Unfortunately I had to leave a message as it was early. Well I get off after shop hours and phones are not available during the work day. I drive the car 48 miles home. No real issues although I wasnt noticing either. I stop and meet the fam for dinner.

My daughter jumps in and asked what the smell was.. Kids..lol

I arrive home, 5 miles from food stop. As Im driving up the driveway ( 200 ft 25-35deg incline mildly snowed) the car does it again.!/2 way UP my drive.

CEL, Flashing Cuise ABS. The car completely falls flat on its face. Wont respond to throttle and ABS wont do jack... So guess what happens. Down the drive I slide BACKWARDS into a 4 ft snow bank... Sweet I thought.

I attempted to get it out, the car had no power. wouldnt rev over 4k barely would turn the tires..

ER 55 came up on the ODO display Sport light flased in the indicator and there I was .. Stuck..

Im glad I went to the right, not the left as its a bit bigger drop to the snow there and the result would have been less satisfactory for sure.

The wife and I hooked the diesel and pulled it out after a few minutes. I called the dealer.

The dealer asked for me to bring it in again they wanted to make it right this time.. Its 13 miles, figured if it died than F it. I was fairly pissed, despite my jovial typings..

The car ran like crap, bucking, hesitating, Full limp at 4000 rpms and it sounded a bit rough as well..

Damn. I just want this thing to be right. I beginning to think it may never get that way...,:mad:

6 months searching. I finally find one and now this....

Wow, that's just tough - sorry to hear about your continuing problems. Don't lose heart quite yet; you'll love the car once it gets running right. You may want to consider getting a second opinion from another dealership in the area, or even better, from a local Subaru performance shop or independent Subie mechanic, if you can find one nearby.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Yep, find a independent repair shop, that guy won't have a big, I know it all attitude and I'm here to rip you off prices.

Where are from, may be some one can recommend a shop ?

"The dealer asked for me to bring it in again they wanted to make it right this time"

I guess that's because they don't do things right the first time on purpose.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

i had a very identical problem...idk what it is but subaru should recognize it and make it a recall or something this is bullshi*...i was driving one night otw to work warmed it up a lil and started driving. bout a mile from my house the car starts stuttering the CEL comes on, the cruise control light begins flashing and the car gets stuck in sport mode (07 LGT) im like wtf.. i took it home and disconnected the battery overnight hoping for a temp fix and its been fine since. that was about a month and a half ago. It seems to be a cold thing since then i let the car warm up for about 20mins befor ei drive it. idk if that has anything to do with it but its been ok since. good luck and let me know what they tell you

OK well an update. Got a call from the SW about the LGT. They have once again outsourced it to an "import" repair shop. The shop had it 2 hours and pulled a code for wheel speed sensor LF/RF/LR. They said they were covered in ICE that was tripping the ABS and thusly the Limp mode. They could not replicate any of it though.

My thing is the CEL/cruise came on first and then the car went into limp mode, that caused the car to stutter, then slide backwards down my driveway into a snow bank. Now aside from the 60ft or so on my driveway that had a little ice, I drove through NO SNOW or ICE... The car went into limpmode at that point, with no traction issues, just the CEL that came on with the Cruise. Then the car slid back into the Snow.. While sliding back the ABS came on( ABS non funtioning at this point). The only wheelspin I did was attepmting to unstuck myself. The ride to get it to the dealer( which is in a different county from me) was coated in slush and ice. Thats more likely where the Ice came from.

The dealer, when they received the car from the repair shop, attempted to replicate the issue. They parked on Ice, did I dont know what, and was able to get the ABS symptom to return.. No ice on the sensors this time. They COULD NOT replicate the Limp home mode NOR the CEL/Cruise and found no driveability issues..

Im beginning to wonder if this car has been cursed. Ive driven it 3 times for 300 miles total. All in good weather and it is grage kept other wise. This will be the third Brake/abs/ limp mode issue since purchase, 3 weeks ago

I think I might have to look for another

Archived