LegacyGT.com

Tired of dirty glass!

Guest *Jedimaster*

Guest *Jedimaster*
So I use a window cleaner and terrycloth towels to clean my windows, but a few days later, you can see a haze building up on the inside of them. I'm thinking of going back to what I did years ago, which was Windez and newspaper. Anyone have any suggestions for getting the windows really clean AND keeping them free of that haze?

The haze is caused by all the syntheic materials "outgassing". That lovely new car smell is from the same phnemona. After a few years, the hazing settles down considerably. I don't know of any way to keep the haze from forming, but I have found that "Invisible Glass" is excellent at cutting through just about anything on windows and dries streak free..

Invisible Glass is a great choice. Also, you might want to head over to Home Depot or somewhere and see if you can find this little baby.... It gives you a little extra help when cleaning windows that have difficult angles. It doesn't replace microfibers or SIG, but it definitely helps. I cleaned my glass 2 weeks ago with this and followed up with a dry microfiber and my glass is still crystal clear.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

after years of dissatisfaction with paper towels and windex i am now a full convert to Stoner's and a microfiber towel. seems safe on tint as well.

+1

Here's my advice: Don't use cheap Costco microfiber towels. They'll likely leave more lint than anything you've seen in your life, and it is HARD to get off. Also, don't use paper towels. I ran out of clean microfiber towels last time I was cleaning my car and started using paper towels for the windows. I ended up using a "dirty" microfiber towel to get off the paper dust from the paper towels.

OT: I started using a waffle-weave microfiber towel for drying, and now I use the absorber for just getting dirty places like door jambs. I love microfiber...

• 3 weeks later...
Those sound like the ones. You can usually find them in packs at WalMart too. I'm far from being a microfiber expert. I get all of mine from PremiumAutoCare.com. I get the forest green ones and I love them. The ones you get locally are perfect for glass and dash cleaning. I use them under the hood too. You just need to keep the ones you use for interior and engine cleaning seperate from the ones you use on your paint. That's why I get the ones locally for the light cleaning and get good ones for the paint.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

• 2 weeks later...

Archived