LegacyGT.com

"Bullet Proof" TMIC Kits

• Moderators
I'm in no big rush if it saves you money I'll wait for the other shop.

Great, thanks.

I hit 18.5lb on my LWG map when I'm only supposed to hit 18 on the normal map, so I'm getting a bit anxious for a kit honestly. If its really an insane price hike to where you're taking a loss I can try to keep my foot out of it for now lol

Im anxious as well to get them out which is why I'm looking to do a limited run with a quick turn around if possible. I'll keep you on the "ASAP" list, for sure. Like I said, I don't plan to raise the price.

I want one. Hopefully for the same price posted. Any cases of this kit failing?

I have not heard of one of these kits ever failing--if someone else has you are more than welcome to chime in here, I'm all for being honest about what the product is and what it offers. I know that folks are running them at 20+ PSI no problem, including track days.

^^Maybe you should worry about getting your car back to running correctly before you start thinking performance

bigj, this is technically a vendor thread so please keep the unnecessary remarks out of it. If you have something to add or an inquiry you are more than welcome to post here, thanks.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be interested in one of these kits, although I don't need to be on the expedited list.

It is certainly a good idea to have this installed, as I am going Stage II next week but I have to ask: what kind of percentage of the people who run Stage II has a boost leak from the intercooler been a problem for?

I drive the car hard, is it probable I am going to see a boost leak without this kit installed in the near future?

• Moderators
I would be interested in one of these kits, although I don't need to be on the expedited list.

It is certainly a good idea to have this installed, as I am going Stage II next week but I have to ask: what kind of percentage of the people who run Stage II has a boost leak from the intercooler been a problem for?

I drive the car hard, is it probable I am going to see a boost leak without this kit installed in the near future?

I have no idea what the numbers are. Some people experience endtank failure, probably most do not. Some have issues at stock levels while others are fine pushing 20+PSI. I've never pushed this kit as something that everyone needs to install or touted endtank weakness as a "sky is falling" type of problem.

That said, I run one on my car and installed it when I went stage 2. For the price it took me to make it (which was actually more than I charge for them since I had to make it twice and had to buy a specific blade for cutting the aluminum) it gives me good insurance that I won't have to buy a replacement aftermarket intercooler for $500-1000 unless I PLAN to. That's important to me and to some others. I like my car to work and I like to upgrade it when I plan to, not because something fails unexpectedly.

• Moderators
Any updates? Are the prices going to raise?

Updates? Yeah, machinists are fuqing expensive, lol.

I told one of the shops today to go ahead and make the damn things. Once I'm 100% confident that the kits are in production and I have an official ETA date I'll put the website back up so people can order them. I'll eat the cost and keep the price the same for a defined period of time after that at the very least and those who want them can order them. After that I may raise the price a bit depending on my final costs.

tl;dr - i'm trying to give the green light to make the kits, I'll let you guys know when that is official.

Updates? Yeah, machinists are fuqing expensive, lol.

I told one of the shops today to go ahead and make the damn things. Once I'm 100% confident that the kits are in production and I have an official ETA date I'll put the website back up so people can order them. I'll eat the cost and keep the price the same for a defined period of time after that at the very least and those who want them can order them. After that I may raise the price a bit depending on my final costs.

tl;dr - i'm trying to give the green light to make the kits, I'll let you guys know when that is official.

Thanks. You can mark me down for one of the kits for the later production run.

• Moderators
I'm sorry to future buyers, but BMB you shouldn't be eating the costs...

Meh. What're ya gonna do.

I like the price point where it is right at the moment (thinking from a buyer's point of view :rolleyes:). Like I said, I'll have the website back up and will give everyone a defined period of time to make a "pre-purchase" at the regular price. I'll ship those kits out as soon as I have them. After that the price might go up a bit to recoup some of the increased costs. This will be a slightly smaller production run than last time, so I expect that the kits will go pretty quick.

In the mean time though, I'm going to explore some other options for getting them made next time and down the road. I have some ideas, including different production methods as well as some possible design changes. Function would be the same, the design would just be slightly different to save on cost.

I ordered the band tool from Amazon yesterday so should have one available.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002SRCZQ/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00]Amazon.com: Lisle 30950 CV Joint Banding Tool: Automotive[/ame]

It was cheap with free shipping but if anyone needs one in the Baltimore area let me know. I work in Silver Spring so could meet there too.

• Moderators
I ordered the band tool from Amazon yesterday so should have one available.

Amazon.com: Lisle 30950 CV Joint Banding Tool: Automotive

It was cheap with free shipping but if anyone needs one in the Baltimore area let me know. I work in Silver Spring so could meet there too.

Yup, that one works fine. With all of the tools, just be careful not to overtighten the ties. With the lisle one especially, you can apply a tremendous amount of torque since you are using a ratchet--easy to break the zip ties if you over-do it.

Any update on these?

I want one, tried to order, got an error saying it wasn't available.

Update is that the shop should be making a decent sized run for me. With the short week this week, any ETA that they gave me wouldn't have been worth a damn. Last time it was a couple weeks for them to finish production. Hopefully it's the same this time around, but right now I can't give you an exact date.

• Moderators
Got a ballpark at it? Before Christmas? lol

Ballpark is before christmas, yes. I'm REALLY hesitant to give an actual date until I have more information, sorry.

If you backed me into a corner I would say two weeks from Monday right at this moment, but that could change either way.