LegacyGT.com

Best springs to use with KYB-GR2's? ('98 GT Wagon)

I'm new to the Legacy side of Subaru - FINALLY!! I've looked around alot over the last few days to try and find suspension options for my newly acquired '98 Legacy GT Wagon, but really haven't found much concrete info or pictures regarding the specifics of suspension replacement on a "BK" wagon...

All 4 of my struts are blown (pretty sure they are origional equipment as the car has 155k miles) and I'd really like to get this fixed ASAP... I've pretty much discovered that the only cheap strut option for us are the KYB GR2's. I'm fine with that, but the problem I run into is with springs...

What springs are best to use with the KYB GR2's??

I've heard that the GR2's aren't a very strong strut, so spring choice may be pretty important when looking at longevity of the struts. I use the car as a DD so nothing geared towards RAW cornering... But I would like a nice "sporty" look and better than stock handling...

If you have pictures of wagons with different spring setups, POST THEM UP!! I'd love to see what some good options are :)

** I've searched ALOT and just haven't come across something that really nails it down for me. I am in Flight School at Fort Rucker, AL and don't have hours and hours to search, and basically after searching for the last few days, I just had to give in and ask - or who knows how long I'd be looking for answers... So please, if you tell me to search and you know the information I seek, point me to the correct thread atleast :)... Thanks guys

your looking for just springs. hmmm. well i pretty sure that alot of springs from certain year impreza's fit our struts. the sticky at the top of the page may help.

Yep, mainly looking to figure out which springs work with the "BK" wagons on GR2 struts... I have a 2006 STi which I am considering getting Swift R springs for. If I did, might I be able to use my 06 STi springs with the GR2's?

H&R all the way, and gr-2s are 20% stiffer than oem

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t232/wakeboardingguy/IMAG0084.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t232/wakeboardingguy/100_0082.jpg

Awesome!! Thanks for the pictures Marine! Two questions though (in order of pictures):

- What front bumper is that!?!? I LOVE the placement of the round foglights down low...

- Is this picture what the setup looks like with the saggy butt spacer installed??

** Oh, you're up there in Washington huh? I've got a good friend who flies KC135's up there with the Air Force... Hoping to get up there and visit sometime if the Army gives me some leave from Flight School down here :rolleyes: **

thats the JDM GTb Limited Bumper, only one in the US as far as i know,

i never had noticable enough sag to want spacers so, none here, although the link for them is in the sticky at the top

yeah, i got stationed at Fairchild airforce base, im not really sure why, since theres only about 150 other marines here, and we're an artillery unit

Just the rear I believe

I'm definitely gonna have to get confirmation on this before starting the project :rolleyes:...

The Swift R springs look sooo good for the STi (VERY slight drop but alot better performance and lighter), and that would free up my stockers. I just want to make sure everything is set up right as my Leggy is the Daily Driver

• I Donated
Q: Will STi struts and springs work on my car?

A: Yes, but only '04 STi struts will be a direct fit because in '05 the hubs were changed from 5x100 (which is what your car is) to 5x114.5. '05-07 STi springs will work too, but also require the '04-07 top-hats. Additionally, any '02-07 WRX set-up will work since the WRX never changed away from the 5x100 hub.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived