LegacyGT.com

WTF is this?

Little black box w/ wire coming out of it....passenger side corner of windshield....

I have the garage door opener mirror...don't know what it's called...homelink?

This box is quite random...

thanks in advance....

Have you noticed black helicopters following you around??? :lol:

As others have said, it is a satellite radio antenna, a poorly placed one at that.

Yep, that is where Subaru places them.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Satelite antenna... as for poorly placed, cosmetically, maybe so, but I for one like the fact I don't have anything on the outside of my car. You can't see it from the outside through the tint (unless you try hard).

As for reception, I've had 2 other vehicles with XM and there is no difference in signal quality. I lose reception in the same places I did before.

Satelite antenna... as for poorly placed, cosmetically, maybe so, but I for one like the fact I don't have anything on the outside of my car. You can't see it from the outside through the tint (unless you try hard).

Satellite antennas on cars are always an eyesore. Seems like no matter where they place them, inside or out, they're big and ugly.

My Mustang has one on the center of the trunk and it's hideous. Luckily the spoiler obscures it from view most of the time.

I couldn't believe that the Subaru dealer install of the Sirius unit put that monster on the front windshield. I'm glad I didn't pay for the dealer install because I would have been pissed to see that thing on my windshield. Instead I went with this...

http://www.satelliteradioexperts.com/assets/images/ProductImages/sirius/audiovox/terk_sir_mini_large.gif

Just had to modify the FAKRA connector a bit to get it to mate to the Sirius tuner and then I ran it to the 3rd brake light. The wire is so thin you don't even have to lift off any of the kick plates. Just tuck the wire underneath. I haven't had a problem with the reception up to this point.

Just a thought if you don't like that huge windshield antenna.

That is where "Subaru" not a dealer instructs where to put it. You could have ordered the car with the Satellite radio and it would still be in the same spot.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Sticking Sat Radio receivers to the outside of one's car is as silly as when they used to drill holes in your glass to perma-mount your car-phone antenna.:lol:

Yes, I had a car phone in the mid 90's. I was a baller.:lol::redface:

• 1 year later...
That's ugly.

I installed my antenna inside the rear wing on my wagon. Works perfectly and you can't see it no matter how hard you look for it :)

I'll confirm that this location works, I don't have it there on my car, but I do have one on my truck located below a plastic fairing.. and usually you can mount it behind a thin piece of aluminum, as I have a GPS receiver for my laptop located on the b-pillar on my truck, and I have noticed only a few dB's loss, but not enough to loose reception.

That is where "Subaru" not a dealer instructs where to put it. You could have ordered the car with the Satellite radio and it would still be in the same spot.

Yeah, when a dealer switched XM unit for Sirius in my car they mounted this thing behind the rearview mirror, in the middle, not in the corner.

I was not amused when I decided to install a better mirror.

Archived