LegacyGT.com

Cat back? Search function not working for me atm

98 legacy gt limited with unequal length headers, automatic. Exhaust rusted out from behind the cat to before the axel. So want to just get a cat back. What would fit? And i can just re weld my exhaust if there is nothing that will bolt up(with minimal modification)

please let me know! thanks guys.

I ran uel headers, stock cats, a 2.25" midpipe into a magnaflow for 3 years. It'll give you a really good "subaru" sound. It wasnt too loud but it was deep. I set off car alarms all over and always got complements on it. Then I threw on a track pipe and blew the muffler, just ordered another last week and a 17'' resonator to hopefully get that awesome sound back.

you could just go to a junk yard a replace that center pipe with another one. mine went this summer also, was an easy fix. 2.25" midpipe is what ppl have been saying to use. going to a bigger exhaust on these cars alters the back pressure.....you also can get a bigger muffler and dull the sound down with more resonators. good luck

• I Donated

Is the search function really not working...or did you just not want to search? lol

If someone would just say "I'm too lazy to search" I would probably find it funny and give them all the answers they wanted just because they were honest about it haha

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

i have a muffler that i took off my 3000gt. its a monster. 4.25in tip. huge can. sounded sweet with the v6. idk how it will sound with the 4, but if it just cleans and queits it down a little i will be happy. Right now i drive around with headers, cat, to air! haha so loud and rumbley.

I ran uel headers, stock cats, a 2.25" midpipe into a magnaflow for 3 years. It'll give you a really good "subaru" sound. It wasnt too loud but it was deep. I set off car alarms all over and always got complements on it. Then I threw on a track pipe and blew the muffler, just ordered another last week and a 17'' resonator to hopefully get that awesome sound back.

which magnaflow do you have? do you remember? do you have any sound clip of it?

thanks

my car came with a bosal cat back on it, but it's rusting out pretty bad. Just ordered a stainless 2.25" dual tip muffler off eBay for $65 shipped and I'll take it to an exhaust shop to have welded up with a new midpipe.

i searched "cat back" and my browser was giving me a page cannot be displayed error. So maybe its just my browser.

the search function,

it does not like 3 letter words.

try searching ''cat* back'' .

The Magnaflow I have is a 12215 2.25" it was 59.31 shipped. I dont have any sound clips of it but I did a quick youtube search and found this, pretty much the same set up as mine. You cant hear how deep it really is in the video but it sounds good in person.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdrGmOTCBhQ]'00 Subaru Outback Borla UEL header + Magnaflow - YouTube[/ame]

Archived